i7 8700k Overclocking 4.7ghz

Associate
Hey Shank! How is your cpu running with these settings? My 8700k is comming tomorrow hopefully and it will be my first time overclocking. Im not interested in anything extreme, just a stable 4.7ghz. Any other settings i should change besides the ones 8 pack recommended?

Associate
Thank you shank! I'd appreciate that. And yes i was definitely considering multicore enhancement, but depending on the mobo used it can put unnecessary voltage on the vcore from what ive seen. Versus setting everything yourself. Im gonna be using a corsair h100i v2 so should i set MCE and just not worry about it?

Soldato
I have the H115, with MCE on it didn't go much above 85c.

It does put a chunk of voltage through it though, can also just set sync all cores 47 and 1.2v and see if it's stable. If not bump the voltage up. Just mind the temps, it's a hot chip if it hasn't been delidded.

Associate
Hey gentlemen. My mobo came with an ez overclock feature and my buddy who helped me build my pc tonight insisted i use it. It put me at a (so far) solid 5ghz. Only thing i noticed was my Vcore voltage got as high as 1.472!! The highest temp on one of my cores during gameplay was 72°c. Is that voltage too high?

Soldato
OP
Hey gentlemen. My mobo came with an ez overclock feature and my buddy who helped me build my pc tonight insisted i use it. It put me at a (so far) solid 5ghz. Only thing i noticed was my Vcore voltage got as high as 1.472!! The highest temp on one of my cores during gameplay was 72°c. Is that voltage too high?

I would say that is about normal for that amount of Overclock. You could try and see if you can get it lower.

Soldato
OP
ASUS (and other motherboards) have multi core enhancement which puts all cores at turbo speed with a simple toggle button in the BIOS. Easy as pie.

The issue I have with this is if you enable XMP for RAM it cancels out the Multi Core Enhancement. Least on my Asus board it does, I had to manually set the OC.

Back
Top Bottom