• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 or i5? worth the upgrade?

Associate
I have a qx6850 on a p45 mobo asus dexule. I was wondering if it was worth me upgrading to i5 or i7. i truly do not know which one is better. i mainly use my pc for gaming, video editing and making live casts for HoN/RA3. I could really do with some advice here, thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
i need it more for editing and casting tbh. i think i'm just cpu limited tbh, and wondered it it would do me any good upgrading, also i'm on air cooling and my chip gets extremely hot :(

Associate
OP
You'll probably find that only big boys 3D apps will be capable of using 8 threads correctly. Apps like sorenson squeeze, cleaner etc usually only use 2 or 4 threads maximum depending what format you're encoding to.

I'd still get the i7 though if its only £40 more.

£40 more? when i did the comparison there was a price difference of £100 unless i'm doing something wrong:(

Back
Top Bottom