Ideal combi boiler (vogue)

Soldato
Hi

Had a Ideal combi bolier (vogue gen 2) the vogue max to be precise but its the same boiler I believe.

Just wondered from other's that have this boiler on how loud it is?

I read that it has been awarded the quiet mark, but on Ideal I can't see that mentioned for this boiler, If it has got it I would not say its quiet, if I run hot water, I can hear the boiler running, its slightly more quiet when the central heating is on.

Just wanted others feedback on how they find the noise levels?

Associate
In a word, very! I recently moved into a house with one of these boilers, and even though it's in a boiler house, essentially hung on what would have been the external wall of the house, I can hear it fire up at the opposite corner of the house. I notice it more with the hot water and am considering turning of the hot water preheat as it kicks in pretty regularly.

Soldato
Where's your boiler located?
I can hear it in the bedroom above, even though it's closed off in the utility space off the kitchen. Tbh there's quite a lot of noise around my house anyway so a boiler flashing up isn't going to be an issue

Soldato
OP
Mines silent. But I had the sense to put the boiler in the garage.

Silent because it’s in the garage or is it actually silent when operating, also have you ever checked the efficiency level, mines at 51%, but perhaps that will increase over time, only fitted in April.

Where's your boiler located?
I can hear it in the bedroom above, even though it's closed off in the utility space off the kitchen. Tbh there's quite a lot of noise around my house anyway so a boiler flashing up isn't going to be an issue

Mines in kitchen, the noise is not exactly noisy loud it just seems quite loud compared to some others I have heard.

Soldato
How were you checking the efficiency?
I have put the heating to the eco position and adjusted hot water to 50c as you shouldn't need it hoter than that. Also I think preheating the water is set to off.

Soldato
Yeah my efficiency shows fairly low like high 40s. Yet I barely use any gas so I just ignore it.

Mines running with Opentherm so runs efficient because of that.
Water is set to 52c.

All boilers are loud to me and not something I want in the house. The dryer and washer are in the garage as well.

Soldato
OP
How were you checking the efficiency?
I have put the heating to the eco position and adjusted hot water to 50c as you shouldn't need it hoter than that. Also I think preheating the water is set to off.

On the lcd display in menu I have a check boiler efficiency, perhaps yours is slightly different.

Yeah my efficiency shows fairly low like high 40s. Yet I barely use any gas so I just ignore it.

Mines running with Opentherm so runs efficient because of that.
Water is set to 52c.

All boilers are loud to me and not something I want in the house. The dryer and washer are in the garage as well.

Mine shows 51%, I believe higher the more efficient, perhaps it gets better over time. I have my water in the 60s I think which the boiler man set it at. Unfortunately we don’t have a garage or a room suitable other than the kitchen.

thanks for the responses guys

Soldato
Our Ideal/logic is in a cupboard in kitchen (with open top/bottom - could put insulation on sides?), far less noisy than extractor fan

I notice it more with the hot water and am considering turning of the hot water preheat as it kicks in pretty regularly.
keep meaning to monitor how much gas this uses .. buying new, would prefer a timer to enable pre-heat in useage hours.

Back
Top Bottom