Ideal system for friend's sign company

Soldato
It's for my friend who runs his sign & graphic business...he told me today about how unhappy with new system he got a couple of months ago as it was recommended by local computer shop. It was supposed to be 'powerful' but isn't.

As I checked the system system, it turned out to be AMD64 3000+ (1.8Ghz) with 1GB ram, fast sata harddrive and nforce motherboard with nvidia ethernet port. He commented on how slow the network transfer is on lan port as compared to his older systems! I'm sure AMD is not suitable for photoshop and any graphic software, it should have been pentium 4?

He is getting rid of it and will give it to his brother so he only needs a powerful system box at reasonable price. (No monitor or mouse etc needed)

I think the budget would be around £600-£800 including windows xp pro. He doesn't needs a motherboard with fancy features like 5-in-1 sounds, etc because I think it is a waste of system resource and it's for his business.

I'm going to build it for him but if there is any ready build system with good spec then I don't see why not.

Can you help? :)

Thanks!

Associate
i have no problem with my amd 4000+ for running photoshop. u want fast hard drive large cache and possibly a raptor and 2gig of ram tho imo and a large screen. thats just from experiance u can go on some sites and they will show u performace charts for processors ram etc for programs like photoshop if you want to know the best.

Back
Top Bottom