Ideas for new Lifting Totals thread

Soldato
I've decided that I'm gonna run the Powerlifting Totals thread from January. Just 'cause I rock, and I've got some good ideas for it. Not that Christian has been doing a bad job, much bromance to you for maintaining it. I also practically live on the forums, so why not.

I'm going to take a snapshot of the end-of-year results in the current thread and include that in the OP without any changes being made to it, so people can track yearly progress. Will add in a couple of olympic lifts for those that way inclined - snatch, powercleans, push press; that sorta thing. These won't be mandatory, just the conventional "big 3" lifts.

I will also start completely fresh. The current list will be ported over, then a brand new list will begin, people can only contribute lifts from that year. This isn't to help people rise through the board faster, but to give people meaningful progress. This also means by the 2nd year, only consistent posters will be on the list.

Any suggestions from you rabble?

Phaggot.

Phaggot.

Yeah, if you're going to add extra bits. You might as well add a 'Lifetime pb' section.

Great idea!

I also suggest you read the old powerlifting thread, considering this one is quite new, seeing as we've already talked this through over and over, and it would save at least some repetition... :p

No. I'm not so much having an open debate over what should happen regarding ghost posters, I've stated my intentions for that. This is discussion for what features people want in the new Totals thread which IS going to take a new format this year.

Problem being I don't think the data transfers from spreadsheet to forum very well. (and i don't have Excel at home, trollololol).

Videos can be posted as regularly as people want, I'm not going to enforce it as some people just simply don't want to. But I agree, I do like watching the vids!

What we'll have is:

*Life-time PB
*Last Year's PB
*This Year's PB

The life-time PB can be opt-in rather than there for everyone. As you say, it's not relevant for most people. Obviously people like FF who have taken their training in to a different direction may still want to record it. If there's no interest we'll drop it, but a few might still want it, we'll see.

Also toying with the idea for monthly challenges.

*Things like most chins in one set.
*Most dips in one set.
*Most deadlift reps @ certain weights in 1 minute
*Longest static holds @ certain weights

Regarding videos of challenges, I think the winner will be highest reps on video. Anyone can partake without video, but only someone with a video can win; as to not discourage people who might only be able to do 4 reps from entering :p

LiE, the challenges are a bit of fun, but we'll try and keep them sensible. Obviously we won't have a "bench 150kg" challenge as most members can't do that. It'll likely just be bodyweight exercises; pull ups, dips, bodyweight deadlifts etc.. We can't go down the path of over-analyising these challenges or making them available to 100% of people otherwise it'll stop being fun :p

OHP is a good one to include, as people love a good set of joocey delts around here! Oly rings however, not many will have access to.

Finally, challenges will be recorded in post 2 of the thread, maybe even reserve a 3rd post!

Back
Top Bottom