Ideas for projects to work on?

Caporegime
While I'm not employed I'm trying to build up a portfolio of web development work to help me gain more experience and get to grips with new technologies, while providing evidence of my ability. The problem is coming up with ideas for what kind of things to work on next to help improve myself. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps something utilising a database?

HTML, CSS and Javascript I'm fine with. I have some basic level experience with PHP and SQL. Did a fair amount of Java with JSP at uni too.

I would ideally like to learn C#/ASP.net, with other basic technologies like JQuery and Ajax.

There's a decent JQuery tutorial system over on CodeAcademy.

What about building a social style site but where you can find people with the same hobbies as you, programming, photography, model cars etc.

Do you play any games that you could knock up some sort of app for?

What hobbies do you have? it's always easier if you use something you like.

I have an idea myself that I want to set up soon, but as it could make me some in game cash I'm reluctant to share :p lol

Java is close to C#. You'll not have much problem with that.

Getting the hang of databases is always good. Everything uses them. Not just relational, check out flat file databases too. They come in handy sometimes.

General basic database website is film reviews. What did you see this summer?

Back
Top Bottom