Ideas from program to make

Associate
Ideas for program to make

I'm trying to learn C# but was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of a simple application I could try and make or a problem to solve (I've tried most of the project euler ones I can understand in the past)?

Last edited:
I was trying to come up with something myself and decided on trying to make a budget tool. Entering amounts spent, amount in, finding the difference, maybe separating the spending in to it's own lists, ie Asda, Petrol etc.. and tallying it up. Not sure how tricky it would be.

How about:

A photographers ordering program.

It'll need to show a gallery, users will need to be able to see prices and decide if they want to buy them. At the end they can finalise the order, enter their delivery details and maybe payment options as well.

This covers lots of little areas that you might find interesting. :)

An application to index video files (movies and TV episodes) on a number of hard drives. Some kind of persistent database for storage (SQL Server, SQLite, MongoDB, etc), maybe some integration with IMDB or TheTVDB. Either a Windows Service with a FileSystemWatcher or a periodic (configurable) scan of locations. Or a cmdline app driven by Task Scheduler, for the lazy coder :p

I keep meaning to write one myself but haven't made the time yet.

Back
Top Bottom