ideas / help for lighting my case

Soldato
Hi all,

Just for a bit of fun really, I am interested in getting my case lit better. It has a window so I may as well make the most of it. Only want to spend around £20/£30 tops.

This is my case:

It already has a switchable 10 colour led power switch and ambient glow coming from the bottom front. I believe it has an internal connector allowing me to fit this expansion strip inside for 10 interior colour options:

The reason I am asking here is that I have a motherboard with a red led glow to it. I have also just ordered the MSI gaming X RX480 which is red themed and has red led on the underside. However, I find the red colour to be quite dim. I think red led is generally a dimmer colour than some of the others available, like white, purple or green.

So I'm not sure what to do. Can I mix another interior colour with red to get a different, brighter look? Obviously I'm stuck with the red motherboard and GPU now.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I didn't really want just a huge block of red light shining out like a fog lamp.

I don't want this:

28c50a5c_vbattach186947.jpeg

Its like everything is just bathed in red, rather than being able to pick out distinction.

I prefer this:

LL

Because there is some distinction to the lines of the various components.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom