Identify fault with Oven

Soldato
Hi guys never had an issue with such an appliance before. Our AEG oven of 5 years old randomly tonight decided to not warm up. The fan comes on, lights up etc but the temp doesnt seem to climb.

Is this most likely the Fan Element? It sounds like it but not 100% sure

Any advice appreciated

A parts site seems to point to one at about £35, not sure if that's genuine or 3rd party. It claims to be genuine

Thanks

Soldato
OP
What's going on with the temperature light? If it's not on then I'd suspect a thermostat issue. If it's on then I'd suspect element.

Either way, if its a model that you can easily the internals of then it shouldn't be too tricky to diagnose if you have a multimeter.

The temperature light as in by the temperature knob? The one that usually goes out once the desired temp is reached? That's just on as the heat isnt building enough to knock it off I think

Soldato
OP
I just installed a new element, straight swap for the old one...

No change :( hopefully I can return it but not sure what to try next

Hope I can return it, just checks and says it cant be returned if used/fitted. But in the same sentence says it can if it doesnt fit. But must also be unopened? Kind of impossible :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@jpaul oops didn't see that post, that oven only has a selector switch, thermostat and overheat stat.

@kinger8938 where abouts are you and as jpaul says do you have a meter, also does the grill heat up?
Is the light coming on on the control panel by temp knob?

Hi thanks, located in Trowbridge , Wiltshire

With regard to the grill, I haven't actually tried it. Will do today

Currently I've took the element off and popped the new one away until I know what else to try.

The light by the temp knob comes on yeah. Usually would tick off once heat is reached but obviously it stays on as the heat isnt happening

I dont have a reader but may have one at work I could pinch and take home

Soldato
OP
Its going to be either the selector switch (pull knob off, two screws to undo usually torx20 turn it over and pop cover off underneath might show some discolouring) overheat stat probably on the back near grill terminals but they can be in quite a few places, just follow the wiring from element and the wiring itself.

Thanks for the advice, I will try and find the parts online

As the ovens 6 years old, should I just swap the element out anyway at this point?

Soldato
OP
I'd keep the one you took out on top of kitchen cupboard so it stays warm and dry elements can be a pain in the backside left in cold damp condition and if you ever need one in a rush you got it.

Thanks

Would this be the part in question? Appears to include the selector and the probe?

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/aeg/cookers-hobs/be2003021m (94971643402)/thermostat/651635.htm

Or this? Not really sure why theres 2?

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/part...e2003021m (94971637200)/thermostat/672532.htm

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This has now been resolved! Thanks for the help, for anyone with a similar issue it was the Switch in the case

Replaced the element anyway as its 6 yeard old and that's what I tried first

Back
Top Bottom