If I turn pc on and off the vga light comes on and doesn’t work

Associate
Hi, I’ve build a new pc and when I initially turned it on it brought me into the bios. But if I turn it off and back on the vga light will stay on and nothing will happen. The only thing I’ve noticed is that if I take out the cpu and put it back in or wait 15 mins and turn it back on it works again. Has anyone ever had this problem or know what’s wrong?

Intel 14600kf
Msi z790 gaming plus wifi
Vengeance 35gb ddr5 ram
2 tb ssd
Gigabyte 3080ti eagle
850w power
I’ve update the bios on the motherboard to support the 14th gen

Not up to date on latest Intel but they did have problems with some CPU's, but don't think yours was affected.

Have you tried resetting CMOS?

If you have 1 power cable (daisy chain) to the GPU, swap it to 2 seperate cables
I had to get the motherboard replaced as the other one wasn’t letting me change the battery for the cmos

I’m already using 2 power cables but have tried both ways

Looks like you install the update from within Windows, but i don't think you have got that done yet.

The cooler being to tight could be the cause, try loosening the screws slightly.

What cooler have you got?
I don’t think it’s on that tight. I tighten it so it doesn’t wobble. I’ll try to see if I can do the update. The main problem is that if it restarts or turns of it won’t come back on again and the vga light will come on

Back
Top Bottom