• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If next year's consoles do 4k/60..

Soldato
Then how do you justify a £1000 gpu?

Does everyone suddenly demand 4k 120fps?

I don't really understand what route pc gaming will take. Cyberpunk will be amazing on pc, but if its 4k/60 on a next gen console then why even bother with pc?

The gap seems to be closing and either consoles or things like stadia could finally change the pc gaming world in a way people used to claim for years.

Associate
They might do 4K/60, but they will have to make graphical sacrifices to do so. There is no way they will be superior to a 4K focused PC, what they might do is drive prices down. We can hope! :D

Man of Honour
I think the consoles will be a Ryzen based APU with onboard Navi. It will achieve 4K/60 by using their RIS image sharpening. So it will be running at a lower resolution and using RIS to sharpen and upscale the image to 4K.

Soldato
Then how do you justify a £1000 gpu?

Does everyone suddenly demand 4k 120fps?

I don't really understand what route pc gaming will take. Cyberpunk will be amazing on pc, but if its 4k/60 on a next gen console then why even bother with pc?

The gap seems to be closing and either consoles or things like stadia could finally change the pc gaming world in a way people used to claim for years.

If all you do is game then your in the wrong forum.

I dont give a roos poo about consoles. They could be the best gaming experience ever still wouldnt have one as all you can do is game. Every time I've dabbled with a console it only last a month or two then went. Boring.
I do so much more with a PC than you can do on a console and its always been at least a step ahead gaming wise.

That's just my personal opinion.

Permabanned
1440p checkerboard to 4k, Aim for 30fps bam thats your next gen 4k its fake its impossible Raytracing will be a 1440p 30fps puddle reflection woah!

Nice one Sony and MS five years and basically these guys still have the same old framerates and still are far away from real 4k. What you are talking about is actually PS6. But shhh no one tell these guys we will want to hook them in with the PS5 Pro, Ah you could not make it up i actually feel deep pity for console owners.

Soldato
How much do you think a console capable of 4k60 will cost? Will it support variable refresh? Can you opt to use it's graphical power for high frame rates at 1440 instead of 4k? Can you opt for ultra wide instead? Can you pick games up for under £10? Can you play all your favourite games from any generation on it?

A console is a one trick pony, and the next generation will not be capable of 4k60 at Ultra settings/textures.

Soldato
OP
If all you do is game then your in the wrong forum.

I dont give a roos poo about consoles. They could be the best gaming experience ever still wouldnt have one as all you can do is game. Every time I've dabbled with a console it only last a month or two then went. Boring.
I do so much more with a PC than you can do on a console and its always been at least a step ahead gaming wise.

That's just my personal opinion.

Oh I thought the graphics card forum was about framerates in games. I must have missed all the threads people make here about nvidia performance in Microsoft Office.

Soldato
OP
1440p checkerboard to 4k, Aim for 30fps bam thats your next gen 4k its fake its impossible Raytracing will be a 1440p 30fps puddle reflection woah!

Nice one Sony and MS five years and basically these guys still have the same old framerates and still are far away from real 4k. What you are talking about is actually PS6. But shhh no one tell these guys we will want to hook them in with the PS5 Pro, Ah you could not make it up i actually feel deep pity for console owners.

Haha why do people behave like this? I've used a pc for gaming 20 years now and Ive also had great times using consoles. Nearly any Nintendo game, PS games like god of war, xbox games like halo.

Why would anyone feel deep pity for someone with a console? What an immature take on things.

A supposed gamer shouldn't care where he plays a game as long as its good.

Soldato
They might do 4K/60, but they will have to make graphical sacrifices to do so.

I concur!

“4K” and “60Hz” is great buzzword marketing but is only a part of the whole experience. At what level of image quality, effects and technologies are we talking about here?
Imagine loading up a modern PC game, setting the graphics profile to low and resolution to “4K”, it’s called polishing a turd.

Soldato
OP
I concur!

“4K” and “60Hz” is great buzzword marketing but is only a part of the whole experience. At what level of image quality, effects and technologies are we talking about here?

I played Assassins Creed at 4k on my pc with medium to high settings and I also played it at 1440p at max settings. To be honest I could barely see the difference. The higher resolution seemed to counter the graphic settings.

At 4k on a TV the difference between medium and max settings isn't exactly night and day.

Permabanned
Haha why do people behave like this? I've used a pc for gaming 20 years now and Ive also had great times using consoles. Nearly any Nintendo game, PS games like god of war, xbox games like halo.

Why would anyone feel deep pity for someone with a console? What an immature take on things.

A supposed gamer shouldn't care where he plays a game as long as its good.

I am a spoiled 240hz brat i guess and i like to troll a little but do you want to know a story? My 40yo friend is a hardcore beer and call of duty man. And when i visit him i get sick watching the 50ppi screen he has and to top it all off on his comms you hear people talking with high pitched unbroken voices. Then there is the graphics and framerate it is just a horrible experience. I used to live there i owned every console up until i found my first high framerate pc. And i feel really sorry for him and others who subject themselves to such torture. How is that immature though it is just my opinion. Had you said Rofflay you spoiled little troll get out well now we would be getting somewhere! :p

Soldato
OP
I am a spoiled 240hz brat i guess and i like to troll a little but do you want to know a story? My 40yo friend is a hardcore beer and call of duty man. And when i visit him i get sick watching the 50ppi screen he has and to top it all off on his comms you hear people talking with high pitched unbroken voices. Then there is the graphics and framerate it is just a horrible experience. I used to live there i owned every console up until i found my first high framerate pc. And i feel really sorry for him and others who subject themselves to such torture. How is that immature though it is just my opinion. Had you said Rofflay you spoiled little troll get out well now we would be getting somewhere! :p

Interesting that you play at 240hz and are commenting passionately on a 4k resolution discussion. You are probably playing at 1080p. So you are about 10 years behind the rest of us.

Permabanned
Interesting that you play at 240hz and are commenting passionately on a 4k resolution discussion. You are probably playing at 1080p. So you are about 10 years behind the rest of us.

I use DSR to do 3840x2160 in any game at 240hz. So i can do Rocket League and Overwatch pin sharp with 91ppi (same as 4k 50inch) at 240fps with no blur no lag and i am about 10 years ahead of console bar Raytracing. My only downside is the panel is a TN and not an OLED.

Back
Top Bottom