if you were giggs or scholes

Caporegime
I would definitely take the offer if I was them. It would only have to be one year and the change of scenery / lifestyle would be interesting.

That said I'd also take the MLS offer over Dubai if the money was similar.

Associate
Really can't see this happening. Once they're done at United, they're done with football. Playing anyway. I see Fergie taking them both on as coaches. Giggs may have most of this badges and I know Scholes is working on getting his.

Associate
MLS being more competitive is a bad thing when your looking at retiring. You want to be slowing down, not trying to keep up with youngster's. Theres a greater chance of rash tackles, and injuries playing at a higher level/speed. In dubai they could take it easy, stroll about the pitch and not go into 50/50's.
If the quality of league was lower, wouldn't it be more likely that the most skilled players on the pitch would be marked and beaten out of the game?

They'd do just fine anywhere, they'd just have to cede their physical side and bring their technical and awareness abilities to the fore on the pitch.

Caporegime
Its worth remembering how difficult it is to get a greencard to live in the states, but easy to do so if you have a job there already and how good life is in the states for uber wealthy people(ok its good everywhere, just way better weather in the states).

If I was either of them I'd take a job in the states, as a gateway to being able to live their full time.

Also remember for the person who said walking about in Dubai would be easier than in a competitive USA.

Train in 45c temps and walk around for 90 minutes, then run around for 90mins in 30c heat, MLS will be way easier, and its a more competitive and growing league but frankly those two are still way above the average level in the MLS and will be for years even slowing down. Scholes is still way way way above average in this league with zero pace to speak of.

AS for being more competitive, more skilled players in the MLS are LESS likely to break your leg than an unskilled tired from playing for 80 mins in 45C temps player in the Dubai league, but the simple fact is, 99% of your time in either country will be spent living, not playing, I'd prefer to live in a freer and nicer climate USA than the sweltering, nice for a couple weeks, Dubai without a whole heck of a lot to do.

Back
Top Bottom