Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27"

Associate
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new monitor, and upgrade from my old 19" HP TFT.
I use it for work, gaming and movies.

I've spent an intense few days looking back and forth (and learning!) about monitors and have been confusing myself more and more. When I think I have selected one, I find another one that may be better.

Reviews from different websites make it even worse. Quite often they say it's amazing but add a caveat at the end that makes you question your decision.

I've finally narrowed it down to:

Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27" (1920x1080)
Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" (1920x1200)
Samsung XL2370 23" (1920x1080)

There are excellent recommendations for the Hanns on in a rather busy topic but I'm a bit put off by the stretching of the PS3/Xbox to accomodate 1980x1200.

The Samsung was the one that I looked into initially and at 23" quite smaller but has an LED backlight and bigger often may not always be better.

So my question is, does anyone have experience of the Iiyama or the Samsung and can comment. If anyone has (had) both then that would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
thanks, mate. That was a helpful read. I think both the model I am after and yours are similar, the difference being the addition of an HDMI and a stand that can be adjusted (how that justifies the price of £62 I don't know).

I have the Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS and it's an awesome monitor for the price. The stand is well worth the extra 60 odd quid in my opinion.

This monitor works perfectly for the PS3/Xbox 360 but the sound from the speakers is bad but its expected.

I can't really tell how the others are as I've never seen them but the Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS is well the money.

Would never use the monitor speakers.

When playing xbox/ps3, do you get a stretched image or black borders at the top and bottom?

Went to have a look at monitors today, and although the 24" ones are nice, the 27" ones are VERY nice.

How far back do you need to sit with a 27" screen? atm my keyboard is directly in front of the monitor, so am about not very far away.

As the res is 1920x1080 the picture isn't stretched. It takes up the whole screen.

I sit fairly close to the monitor and my keyboard is directly in front of the monitor too.

I think this is the top one on my list now.

But the urge to keep looking is still there. Just in case something better is out there just waiting for me to click click my way to it ...

Back
Top Bottom