Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27"

Here you go, bad quality pics though, and both 27" and 22" screens running at 1680x1050 as I couldnt be bothered setting it up properly, and my camera is rubbish but should give you an idea though...

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

It is a fair bit bigger in the flesh, belive me! note though, that that 22" is 16:10, whereas the 27" is 16:9.

Also the 27" is running the lower res of 1680x1050 as I didn't bother setting it up properly - I just put them together to take that pic. The 22" usually lives in the bedroom.

Last edited:
Cheers mate, i'm after a 16:9 ratio screen anyway for the PS3, 16:10 makes it stretched and it looks horrible. One thing I can't understand is why is the 27" screen £240 and the 26" is £250? Spec wise they are the same unless i'm missing something, but the smaller screen costs more.

27" £240
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-065-IY&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

26"
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-043-IY&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Also how's the picture quality on your Iiyama?

EDIT:

Just noticed that the 26" one is 1920 x 1200.

I've been using the B2712HDS for about 6 months now having replaced a Dell 2407 with it and it's a superb piece of kit. I have the PC connected via DVI and XBox 360 through HDMI. Switching from the previous 1920 x 1200 to 1080p 1920 x 1080 hasn't bothered me at all in practise and has the advantage of being native res for Xbox/HD video.

Short version - recommended unreservedly.

I've been using the B2712HDS for about 6 months now having replaced a Dell 2407 with it and it's a superb piece of kit. I have the PC connected via DVI and XBox 360 through HDMI. Switching from the previous 1920 x 1200 to 1080p 1920 x 1080 hasn't bothered me at all in practise and has the advantage of being native res for Xbox/HD video.

Short version - recommended unreservedly.

You watched any HD movies on it how is it, big enough to see quality ?

Thanks

i am considering buying one of these can somebody messure the total width of this 27" monitor i need to know if it will fit in the space i have

only need to know total width

tnx

You watched any HD movies on it how is it, big enough to see quality ?

Thanks
Seems sharp enough to me although to be fair you won't notice a huge difference from 1080 HD film until you get up to 37" plus.

It's not perfect by any means but for general gaming/internet/video use at that price it's a no brainer.

Right, the beast is out of the box and set up. This screen is MASSIVE compared to my old Dell ST2210 22".

Apologies for the shocking quality of the pictures, my phone camera is ****.

Box next to my old screen.
d8c7d6e0.jpg

Iiyama have been quite generous with the amount of cables they pack in. You'll get the following:

• DVI-D
  • VGA
  • Kettle Lead
  • Printer USB cable
  • 3.5mm to 3.5mm jacks
f01a26ce.jpg

All the inputs. Comes with two USB ports underneath the screen which is a nice touch. I've currently got my keyboard and mouse plugged in through them.
cfb16e01.jpg

Screen itself:
aeffb047.jpg

Old v.s new:
d1f4fb42.jpg

Size comparison:
b6982fdc.jpg

PS3 GT5:
fd09e6d3.jpg

PC:
9a4ac892.jpg

Again, apologies about the crappy picture quality as these don't do the screen justice.

I'll go through the pro's and cons.

Pros:

• Easy to set up.
  • Sharp colours.
  • Excellent picture quality for the size of the screen (1920 x 1080).
  • Superb sound quality for the size of the speakers. Currently have my PS3 using these, audio is through HDMI.
  • Sleek and sexy looking.
  • Super easy to put together, no tools needed.
  • Lots of inputs, 2 USB's for extra peripherals.
  • Practically no ghosting with the 2MS response rate.

Cons:

• The buttons for screen settings are fiddly to use as they are underneath the screen and only 2 are labelled on the screen bezel (volume and eco mode). Since i've got a PS3 i'll be having to do this to change between HDMI and DVI-D.
  • The screen stand feels slightly cheap as the screen slots into it without you having to tighten anything up.
  • UI is a wee bit fiddly, could be more user friendly.

This is just a quick summary, only had about 10 minutes with it but i'll give more feedback later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom