IKEA/ASUS ROG

Soldato
Ahead of the launch tomorrow IKEA have leaked their collaboration with Asus ROG.

There seems to be a nice mix of new chairs, a sit/stand desk, various draws and accessories.

I particularly like the look of the new white chair (if it came in black) as it appears to be a minor revision to the Jarvfjallet and Markus. The headphone stand also looks reasonable.

Kitguru have the leak and I will update a few photos when available direct from IKEA.

https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/f...asus-rog-co-designed-furniture-images-leaked/

Man of Honour
If it's the right price they could have a hit with this, there's a definite gap in the market here IMO.

The sit/stand desks are interesting, I just hope they are at a good price point.

Soldato
I use Ikea office chairs, and there durable and comfortable. I expect these new gaming chairs to be good.

Last edited:
Associate
A friend is the sales manager so i forwarded it on to him to ask him some more, says that it could be delayed in the UK but apparently aiming for an August release.

This was on the official release in September last year - "The range consisting of about 30 products will be launched first in China in February 2021, and from October 2021 it will be available in other IKEA markets."

Soldato
This was on the official release in September last year - "The range consisting of about 30 products will be launched first in China in February 2021, and from October 2021 it will be available in other IKEA markets."

Just going on what he said which I believe they were told from Sweden. He just said they're expecting it in August. Whether or not that means the full range or only a few bits, no idea.

Soldato
That sit stand desk is way too expensive. I bought the legs with motor and control from the forest for less than half of the price (£189 paid). And a £15 table top from IKEA. If I wanted fancier one I could have paid £50 for a solid board table top or £150 for a wood one from IKEA.

IKEA already has sit stand desk in its current range I think it’s around £500 as well. So this ROG one will be even more. Stupid prices for slapping some pretend gaming gear

Associate
The chairs dont look that great to me and im sure they will have the asus tax on them but they will probably still sell well.

Back
Top Bottom