I'll watch Heroes for this...

Man of Honour
Unsurprising. The script got dull and repetitive. I watched it in the first series and loved it. Second series not so much, and quite rare for me (I'm a completist) I lost too much interest and stopped by the third.

Rating falling>>
CHuck girl on girl action>>>
nerds get hooked>>>
implant idea of boobs or bum shot in future>>
Ratings sky rocket.

Why do tv companys insist on flogging dead horses, yet kill of show which either have a cult following or have a high probality of becoming a cult classic (aka serenity)

Because higher ratings = more cash. Don't forget that over there product placement involves a lot of money. So do the adverts. So do the sponsers of a particular show e.g. Dominos were wrapped around The Simpsons on Sky. Lesbians would probably be a good way to do it.

They even came out and admitted that Jeri Ryan (7of9 Borg) was written into to boost Voyager's ratings.

Serenity as said a few times; Fox messed up (almost sabotaged) the series by getting the order of the first few episodes wrong (#11, #1, #2, #6, #7, #3,...,etc.). Each one's not purely individual - there are some aspects that continue from episode to episode. Most got confused and stop watching. Therefore it got canned after one series.

However when watched in order it was very good; under fan pressure Serenity was created.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom