• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm going AMD for the FIRST time since 1994!

Caporegime
My first AMD was a 486 DX , and ever since then I've had intel with the previous one you see in sig!

However I've just purchased

And I'm pretty excited, should go nicely with the OLED WIDE and 4080 super

£420 (incl. VAT)
£350 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
£210 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
Very similar build to mine in October. I was a little nervous going to them as I've always been intel. But it's been absolutely flawless and a monster of an upgrade.
I bought a sapphire 7900xtx nitro to go with it and that was new to me as my last card away from Nvidia was a ati 9800xt and I'm mega happy with it.

What card you getting?

Same here long time Intel user, switched to AMD couple of days ago, from personal experiance and this might just be down to motherboard manufacture ASUS or something can't remember last time I had to mess about installing lan or wifi driver during Windows install or any driver for that matter. Questioned my decision been honest, then few hours later I was happy with my switch.

Last edited:
It seems everyone is going AMD these days. I've always been an AMD fan myself, but Intel was king for a lot of people for a long time. I've been out of the PC world for a decade. What happened?

There are some instability and degradation issues with the 13th and 14th gen cpu's. This thread covers it

It seems everyone is going AMD these days. I've always been an AMD fan myself, but Intel was king for a lot of people for a long time. I've been out of the PC world for a decade. What happened?
You missed one of the best investment opportunities of the decade :cry:.

I just upgraded to a 7800x3d & an Asus B650E-E paired with Gskill trident G5 6000mhz cl30 ram.
Very happy so far,it's given my 3080FE a boost . I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new build

Rob

@Neil79 Let us know how much better you feel DayZ runs with an X3D chip.. I felt I had a big boost in Lows and a much smoother experience when I got my 5800X3D :)

To be honest DayZ runs perfectly with the 10900K overclocked. But I'm hooked in Delta Force and want the best frames :D

Pretty much the setup I have been planning on buying for months now! Just waiting for house sale/purchase to complete in the next few months.

I hope it works out well for you! I also have the same GPU already!!!

Back
Top Bottom