I'm home

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got home yesterday so decided to sort out the farm a bit after the usual failures while I was away at work. I'm back up and running at a reduced capacity due to temperature issues - both PC and environmental.

Switched the two i7s back on in the computer room and within an hour, both were running at 86 degrees and the heat was unbearable - must've been over 30 in the room I couldn't bear to be in there. The media rig in the living room is still faithfully churning out A3s. There's no way the bedroom rig is going back on this side of October :p

I'm now running the Photos machine at stock and the gaming rig is only running 2 GPU clients on the GTX295 while the heatwave lasts. Supposed to be a lot cooler from tomorrow so I might switch the SMP client back on on the gaming rig and see how that works out.

HFM currently reporting ~36k ppd on the reduced capacity - that'll do for now.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
That's better.

Weather cooler now so Photos machine ramped up to 4.0GHz and the SMP back on on the Gaming rig. PC temperatures much better and room temperature fine now.
Output up to ~58k ppd. Maybe try bunging on the bedroom rig later and boost things a bit more.

Anybody who thought my enforced temporary break would give them a chance to sneak past, think again (I'm looking at you walls :p).

Eight figures in a few days, all being well.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
It's what I do best :D

I was expecting a bit more of a fight but I suspect the heat may be affecting some of the bigger producers. Looking at the EOC team stats, the same happened last year. May was quite decent then team production dropped drastically in June and didn't pick up again until the weather cooled down in October.

Soldato
Yeah, it is just so unbearable in my room when the weather is hot. And as I said in Happy's thread I work from my room. Not an ideal working atmosphere when it feels like I am smelting steel under my desk! :p

On the plus side my leccy usage has probably gone right down :D which means the high usage in the Winter averages out to what most people normally pay throughout the year :D

Back
Top Bottom