I'm in the wrong job! £60 an hour for playing make believe!

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20357997

The exorcist Abou Mohammed sits cross-legged on the floor of a back-room in his home in Ilford, East London. He is surrounded by copies of the Koran, containers of olive oil and a spray-bottle of water which he uses on the Jinn, the supernatural spirits, that he says possess many of his clients.

Mr Mohammed, who goes by the title of Raqi, has a waiting list several months long and charges £60 for a one-hour session.

One of his clients is Mudasar Khan, 41, who says he has been possessed by a Jinn for years. He describes it as something that surrounds his body, buzzing, making him unwell and even stopping him sleeping.

Mr Khan has been on anti-depressants in the past and suffered panic attacks, but he says the Jinn prevented medication from working and that it is only coming to Abou Mohammed that has provided some relief.

"I had to go to the doctors and the hospitals too, to prove it to my family, because if I didn't do that side of it as well they'd think it was in my head," he says.

For five years Mr Khan has been treated by Mr Mohammed, who he says summons up the Jinn inside of him and speaks to it directly, easing its effect.

^^ How odd! After five years the exorcism still hasn't worked? How odd! :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP

No...

Third_0de9c6_339445.jpg

Soldato
OP
Shock horror, loads of people are religious. I think it's about time people start to get over that people are religious and people aren't religious.

Bit difficult though when half of the population think the other half are nothing short of delusional!

Soldato
OP
Just a question? how do you guys know there aint such things as jinns, ghosts, evil spirits? you don't. Just because you havent experienced such things doesnt mean they dont exist.

Fairies? Goblins? Vampires? Werewolves? Pixies? Witches? Wizards? Hobbits? Do you believe in those? Ghosts, 'jinn', evil spirits... It's 12th century hoodoo!

There is not a single piece of evidence to suggest any of the above exist, including your hokum... And there's a very obvious reason for that...

Soldato
OP
there is evidence, thousands of people have said they have seen ghosts and jinns. its just up to you not to believe them.

Thousands of people saw vampires too... and witches... But they're out of fashion now. So now it's ghost and aliens!?

With all the CCTV we have, not one piece of evidence? Strange!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, just like Christianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Astrology, homeopathy, Wiccan, Scientology, leprechauns, woo-woo, superstitions, myths...

No, it's being a skeptic (not sceptic). Not accepting claims without compelling evidence, which would involve logical and rational investigations and validation processes. Witness testimonies do not qualify. Especially testimonies from people with vested interests. Atheism is just the logical conclusion, not the other way around.

Yes. We. Do! A lot of people make bad choices based on irrational beliefs and faulty logic. Separating the facts from the B.S. is an important skill. The mind can be easily manipulated (ask any magician or con artist). And the younger, the better.

The other problem with large religions and faith-based beliefs in general is how they deem themselves above any kind of rational scrutiny, just by calling on the claim to a higher power. The kind of scrutiny btw, that is the basis of the whole scientific enterprise and gave us all the modern comforts we (and they) enjoy. Well then, to hell with them.

Nicely put!

Back
Top Bottom