I'm so exited, and I just can't hide it...

Soldato
...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! :D:D

Ordered myself a Mac today and I'm now officially a switcher :D
Cheers EVH for the sticky going through it like when I studied for my final year exams... but just with more interest :D

One thing I do need to ask though. I bought mine from the states and is flying in as we speak (yes im a poor beggar who needs to try and save every penny) and I was wondering if I can get away with just getting a plug converter for now while the credit card takes a breather?
Or does anyone by any chance have a spare one just laying around I can buy?

many thanks!!

Plug converter will work fine.

The UK plugs for the power cables are cheap anyway.

What Mac did you buy and congrats and welcome to the dark side.

Welcome sup3rc0w :)

Feel free to add me on MSN if you need any help with anything.

Also.. pictures with bread or it didn't happen!

How much it gonna be total compared to UK prices?

Not gonna get stung by import tax?

If he dumps the packaging, and takes it as a "carry on" item he'll be ok.

As of this morning the 1$ was trading at exactly 2£, so it depends on the individual's state TAX.. Florida (for example, is 7%)

If he dumps the packaging, and takes it as a "carry on" item he'll be ok.

As of this morning the 1$ was trading at exactly 2£, so it depends on the individual's state TAX.. Florida (for example, is 7%)

Arent you charged UK Tax?

Sales tax in Orlando is 6.5%, i bought my Time Capsule 1TB from there a fortnight ago. It was big enough to still be included in my carry on bag, but i work for an airline so no problem for me.
I bought my Mac mini from Las Vegas too, now that's 7% sales tax.

You'll only be charged UK vat on purchases over £145, and that's if they can prove you bought it in the US. :D

Arent you charged UK Tax?

If you're found out ;)

It's not a problem with a MacBook, or iPod because you can carry them on as hand luggage, however, my point being, they'll spot you with a Mac Pro under your arm in no time!

If you're found out ;)

It's not a problem with a MacBook, or iPod because you can carry them on as hand luggage, however, my point being, they'll spot you with a Mac Pro under your arm in no time!

Isn't he importing it? and not actually flying back with it. In which case he is quite likely to be hit with import tax.

No, a workmate bought it in the apple store in New York, ended up paying £710, not too bad imo. It's saving some cash... every little helps (like I said)

Didnt get stung by import duty, he just stuck it in his big case ;)

No, a workmate bought it in the apple store in New York, ended up paying £710, not too bad imo. It's saving some cash... every little helps (like I said)

Didnt get stung by import duty, he just stuck it in his big case ;)

Thats good to hear :) getting my macbook black in a few days, I'm just as giddy as you as i've never had a Mac before. :D

Back
Top Bottom