Imac question

Caporegime
Hmmm still thinking fo getting a new laptop but as of yet havent found one that has what i want on it. Although looking at apples website im quite liking the new ibook pro i think its called...has all the features i could including dual core by intel.

Now seeing as it has an intel cpu in it now, does that mean i could put windows on it or is the internal kernal still different??. I know its a dumb question but i really dont know much about imacs in general. All i know is jtye look pretty and run on a different os to pcs etc.

Basically all im using laptop for is browse the net, use bittorrent and play music....would the powerbook pro do all that??. Also a lot of the programs i use on my current laptop probably wouldnt be any good on the mac as they are written for pcs....so that could cause a problem

Although the ultimate solution would be to get one of these new intel powerbooks and put windows on it...so is this possible yet or not??

Soldato
This is the best i could find as an answer to your question.

http://wiki.onmac.net/index.php/HOWTO

The simple answer is that XP can be installed but not that easily. Your current Windows Apps wont run on an intel mac running OS X. It should do what you have mentioned though in OS X, web browsing, music (iTunes) and even bittorrent. OS X is a very nice OS, I bought a Mac Mini some time ago just to have a play around with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom