iMAC question

Associate
I have been offered an imac 2ghz 20 inch screen etc for a really good price...having never used anything mac based b4 are they very much different from windows based and what are the plus and mius points of apple comps

Soldato
Erm, well, go try one at No competitor talk please!?

Its pretty much the same as PC, just a kinda different layout, commands etc.

Dont have to worry about virus'/spyware etc

Single security updates weekly usually, problems solved far far far quicker than MS ever do.

If I could overclock the apple intel things I would have got one by now :(

Conc

Man of Honour
Concorde Rules said:
Dont have to worry about virus'/spyware etc

Surely not a good attitude to have? As I understand it viruses and spyware do exist on Apple computers but there are fewer because it is a much smaller platform(and admittedly appears to have fewer 'holes') so it isn't as 'worthwhile' in terms of creating havoc.

Apples are pretty simple to use(or at least they were when I last used one) but I found they hid away a bit too much of the workings of the system for my liking.

Caporegime
Not that many people use macs in comparison to windows, which is why people dont bother making viruses for them. Then again common sense is all you need to avoid them anyway.

The problem with macs is that lots of games and other programs dont work on them.

k++

k++

Associate
Bramsafc said:
I have been offered an imac 2ghz 20 inch screen etc for a really good price...having never used anything mac based b4 are they very much different from windows based and what are the plus and mius points of apple comps

how much is this "really good price"? :D

I'm gonna get one with a student discount in a few weeks :cool:, gotta try it out at the apple shop first though and decide whether I want a macbook or an iMac. They are both so god damn sexy.

Karl

k++

k++

Associate
Energize said:
Not that many people use macs in comparison to windows, which is why people dont bother making viruses for them. Then again common sense is all you need to avoid them anyway.

The problem with macs is that lots of games and other programs dont work on them.

You can now install windows on a Mac. And the graphics support is great apparently. This does require a reboot into windows, but I don't game anywhere near enough to worry.

Karl

Caporegime
k++ said:
You can now install windows on a Mac. And the graphics support is great apparently. This does require a reboot into windows, but I don't game anywhere near enough to worry.

Karl

Installing windows though defeats the point in buying a mac because they are a lot more expensive than pcs. In fact I dont understand why people dont buy pcs and install osx on them. 10x cheaper and the pcs look better.

Back
Top Bottom