Image takes about 8 to 10 seconds to come on..

Associate
So I had a system I built on Windows 10 pro, i7 11700kf, 6700xt, 64GB memory, and one of the fastest SSD's you can buy. Dual 32" HP 1440 165hz monitors. When I turned my computer on they came on instantly and signing into Windows I would see it a second later.

I moved and didn't take the monitors with me... too much to ship and pack.

I bought 2 new monitors.. LG 32GN650-B.. same specs as above.. 32" 1440 165hz.

Nothing else in my system has changed. I leave my computer on 24 hours a day and just "switch users" on Windows so I'm still signed in, but nobody else can access my stuff.

When I turn on the monitors I see Windows 10 screen and I can sign in. After signing in there's a black screen that lasts 8-10 seconds before I see my desktop.

Any ideas what this could be from and how to troubleshoot?

Associate
Does it happen if you only have 1 monitor connected? Are they connected by HDMI or DP? Does it look like it’s the screen going black (I.e losing signal for 10s) or software/windows?

Soldato
Some monitors do take a lot longer to pick the signal up and display it than others, you'll notice it with input switching on them often aswell. Could just be that, 8-10 seconds isn't so long I would assume there is actually a problem. The Gigabyte monitor I have is a second or so to come on, the Coolermaster more like 6-7 and the Samsung ...somewhere in between. As above though, are they connected the same way as before, i.e. displayport or HDMI and does it seem to power off and then pick the signal up or just take a while once powered on to actually come alive ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom