Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
That sounds very good when playing through my iPhone :) I might have to ditch the USB mic I’ve bought and swap over to an xlr mic :)
From what I understand, USB Mics can carry a very small to small amount of noise - I imagine for most people its negligible. Which is a reason to go XLR with Preamp. But I imagine the majority for stuff like meetings, streaming etc (depending on the stream) would be totally fine with a USB Mic :)

Soldato
New bike to replace my 20 year old Giant Terrago.....

It's like coming in from the dark ages - a front fork that works for one!

Cube Acid 2020

Very nice! Looks stealthy!

Picked up a higher quality chain and a chain braking tool for my bike
uu1e.jpg

Chain installed
tu1e.jpg

Soldato
From what I understand, USB Mics can carry a very small to small amount of noise - I imagine for most people its negligible. Which is a reason to go XLR with Preamp. But I imagine the majority for stuff like meetings, streaming etc (depending on the stream) would be totally fine with a USB Mic :)
My brother in law streams and I joined him on his stream last night, after watching it back this morning, I wasn’t happy with how my mic sounded, sounded very cheap even though it’s got very good reviews from most youtubers. :(

Soldato
I’ve just got myself a JDS atom amp and JDS OL DAC and I’m happy with the sound quality it provides for my headphones but there’s no xlr input sadly.
Seems like a lot of confusion on here, or at least the term DAC seems to have been misused enough in common parlance now.

DAC is digital to analog conversion so it's output from a PC to audio.

ADC is analog to digital conversion so for instance your mic input goes into an ADC unless it's already done inside the (USB) mic.

So no your DAC has neither XLR, nor inputs. It has outputs. It'd be a separate device and chip to have analog inputs.

Soldato
Seems like a lot of confusion on here, or at least the term DAC seems to have been misused enough in common parlance now.

DAC is digital to analog conversion so it's output from a PC to audio.

ADC is analog to digital conversion so for instance your mic input goes into an ADC unless it's already done inside the (USB) mic.

So no your DAC has neither XLR, nor inputs. It has outputs. It'd be a separate device and chip to have analog inputs.
All you’ve done there is confuse me even more :p

Back
Top Bottom