Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I've done a little bit of retail therapy

So first up is a white box, which works well to cool stuff down.

RpoqdQE.jpg.png

Then we have a new Keyboard, few SSD's and some new headphones.

nnJ0ewX.jpg.png

I did also pickup a Sony AF8 as well :p

Last edited:
Soldato
How you planning on hiding the cables? Trunking or in wall?

It's a bit too short a space for behind the wall, so I got self-adhesive D-Line cable tidy that I'll paint. I'm also building a wooden box to cover the plugs and adapters w/paint.

When I first saw this on my phone, I didn't see the TV in the middle and thought the whole black area was a TV or Projector space :p

Ha, that's the goal, but I'm sneaking these concepts in slowly past the other half.

I like the mini surf board

Thanks, got it off a little man in a boat in the Mentawai islands.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
What do yo think to the headphones? I picked some up a couple of weeks back, mainly for in the office. The ambient sound feature is great for when you don't want to completely ignore your colleagues

I'm really quiet impressed with them, I've used them on the bus and train a few times now its weird not being able to hear the ambient sounds but feel the movement instead. They are also very good audio wise as well, I can highly recommend them.

Associate
It's a bit too short a space for behind the wall, so I got self-adhesive D-Line cable tidy that I'll paint. I'm also building a wooden box to cover the plugs and adapters w/paint..

Going to be putting our bedroom 49" panel on the wall soon, sods law i got it freshly skimmed last year and didnt think to get a cable run hidden in the wall so might look into some kinda cable tidy to cover them

Permabanned
I can't decide things, so while I have R300s, I'm back to LS50s and trying out a store demo pair for a while before I make a final decision. Just thinking that maybe the R300s midbass woofer is a little too powerful for extreme nearfield usage, but just confirming it to myself.

Definitely notice that lack of constant vibrating thumps, that's for sure. Will probably keep them for a month, then switch back to R300s and see if my immediate impressions are still 'R300s better' or not. Ah, the joys of audio. I've used the R300s for a couple of months now I think, so a month on LS50s and a switch back should probably tell me instantly which ones I actually prefer once I'm acclimatised to both of them.

7DpEt5N.jpg

That amp is letting you down big time, it in no way has the power to drive the LS50's properly.

KEF recommended the Cyrus One, and it was indeed the perfect match for my LS50's:-

https://www.cyrusaudio.com/products/cyrus-one/

Try and borrow one from you local dealer, it will amaze you!

Don
Just picked up a lightly used SIMAUDIO MOON 260D CD PLAYER to act as a transport for my Chord Qutest DAC.

image.jpg

It's not exactly a looker!

Back
Top Bottom