Immigrants make better Citizens than Natives...?

Permabanned
PCLEs favourite daily read said:
Immigrants are "better citizens" than those born in Britain, a migration expert has said.

The extraordinary attack came from Keith Best, head of the Immigration Advisory Service - a government-backed charity which receives £13million of public money every year.

The former Tory MP was responding to an article in the Mail revealing that a foreigner is granted a UK passport every five minutes.

He said: "These people have actively sought British citizenship because they want to make a contribution to the UK.

"I am not sure how many people born in this country have the same commitment. The tests for citizenship are greater than they have ever been.

"We are now turning immigrants into better citizens than people born with a British passport."

Matthew Elliott, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance pressure group, said:"Mr Best's comments are completely offensive to decent, patriotic people born in the UK.

"Taxpayers shouldn't be funding an outfit that describes them as being second-rate citizens.

"If the Immigration Advisory Service is to continue receiving public money, Mr Best should either apologise or resign."

Immigrants who have been granted citizenship include cleric Abu Hamza, who was jailed last year for incitement to murder.

He was later stripped of the status after more than 20 years of using his British passport to call for the country's destruction. The Immigration Advisory Service - which is paid by the Government to provide legal advice to asylum seekers and other migrants - has been given millions of pounds since Labour came to power.

In 2006 alone, its accounts reveal payments of more than £12.7million - almost £250,000 a week - from the Legal Services Commission, a quango tied to the Ministry of Justice. The Scottish executive handed over a further £386,000.

The IAS recently called for an end to restrictions on the number of Romanians and Bulgarians allowed into the country.

It has also demanded an amnesty for illegal immigrants, despite fears such a move would encourage those who plan to enter the country illegally.

Mr Best unleashed his attack in response to the revelation that more than a million migrants have been handed passports over the past decade - an average of 102,000 every year.

They include an unknown number of criminals, as even murderers and rapists are entitled to citizenship provided they complete a "clear period" without re-offending.

Those let in by Labour include July 21 bomb ringleader Muktar Said Ibrahim, whose application was rubber-stamped despite a string of criminal convictions.

Critics said that Mr Best's remarks were especially insulting, given that his organisation is paid taxpayers' money to provide independent legal advice.

Its own website says: "The Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) is the UK's largest charity providing representation and advice in immigration and asylum law."

Sir Andrew Green, chairman of Migrationwatch UK, said: "It is astonishing that a body which receives at least 90 per cent of its funds either directly or indirectly from the taxpayer should be insulting the British public in this way. Why are we paying them £250,000 a week?"

The row came as the Home Office defended the rate at which citizenship is being granted.

A spokesman said: "The Government strongly believes that the UK should encourage those that are settled in the UK to play a full part in their wider community and that the acquisition of British citizenship is a key part of a successful integration into society.

"The process to citizenship must be a gold standard. Anyone applying for citizenship must first meet the Government's strict criteria."

Oh dear, you couldn't make it up. Another good use of Taxpayers money.

Permabanned
From my personal observations they're as bad as each other.

We have native scum, leaching off the state with child benefits for having kids at 15, and spending their giro on scratch cards and fags.

We also have immigrant scum, leaching off the state with housing benefits but not making any effort to get a job.

Associate
Imagine what be said of a person who claimed that immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute.....Nazi or racist perhaps, you can bet your bottom dollar!

More jobs for the sycophants of the commie government. Ignore reality as long as your job is safe and you have power then it doesn't matter what crap you spew out! When are we as a nation going to finally oust this crap government and wake up and not fall for this crap?

Associate
iCraig said:
From my personal observations they're as bad as each other.

We have native scum, leaching off the state with child benefits for having kids at 15, and spending their giro on scratch cards and fags.

We also have immigrant scum, leaching off the state with housing benefits but not making any effort to get a job.
The latter is easier corrected than the former however.

Associate
Van_Dammesque said:
Immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute.

Hmmm.... I don't seem to have the police over here calling me a nazi :o . Oh wait, you're just paranoid that these people (both immigrants and police) are all out to get you :rolleyes: .

Soldato
Squarehed said:
Hmmm.... I don't seem to have the police over here calling me a nazi :o . Oh wait, you're just paranoid that these people (both immigrants and police) are all out to get you :rolleyes: .

You've totally changed the meaning of that quote, it is no longer in context.

Associate
I personally think that just because I and others are born here in Britain does not automatically make us better people than those who are not here. One has to be judged on their own merits as a person rather than their place of birth/colour of skin/religion. Just my two pence :o .

Associate
Fraggr said:
You've totally changed the meaning of that quote, it is no longer in context.

I dont think so, he said imagine what would have happened if someone had said that 'immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute' they would be branded a nazi and a racist. Granted I did not give enough time for people to come at me on that one.

But, I get annoyed when people say things like that when blatantly that is all they want to say themselves. Go ahead, I personally won't call you a racist or a nazi, I will just dislike you intensely :).

Permabanned
Squarehed said:
I personally think that just because I and others are born here in Britain does not automatically make us better people than those who are not here. One has to be judged on their own merits as a person rather than their place of birth/colour of skin/religion. Just my two pence :o .

Behave mate.... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Squarehed said:
I dont think so, he said imagine what would have happened if someone had said that 'immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute' they would be branded a nazi and a racist. Granted I did not give enough time for people to come at me on that one.

But, I get annoyed when people say things like that when blatantly that is all they want to say themselves. Go ahead, I personally won't call you a racist or a nazi, I will just dislike you intensely :).

Imagine what be said of a person who claimed that immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute.....Nazi or racist perhaps, you can bet your bottom dollar!

Is very different to

Immigrants are not better citizens and do not come here to contribute

One is creating a hypothetical situation where someone changes the situation so that immigrants are getting bashed instead of non-immigrants, and one is besmirching immigrants.

Soldato
Squarehed said:

and i would agree with you but ...

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ....

fool me 5,000,000 times ...... ship them back

Soldato
Toryglen-boy said:
and i would agree with you but ...

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ....

fool me 5,000,000 times ...... ship them back

Why do you want to ship back 5 million immigrants? Are you really that xenophobic or racist that you want to have a purely English, Scott, and Welsh population?

Soldato
Fraggr said:
Why do you want to ship back 5 million immigrants? Are you really that xenophobic or racist that you want to have a purely English, Scott, and Welsh population?

neither. i just think people coming into this country take liberties ... purely because they can and we are too soft.

dont flame me, its just my opinion

Soldato
I think it's amazing that it seems easier for someone to get citizenship of this country/Britian than it is for my wife to get a visa to simple live and work here (not taking citizenship, purely just been allowed to live here with me).

If you go about your life honest, and try to do everything the right way.. they try and screw you with red tape and charges.

I would like to point out that it is easier for me to move to America with my wife (and I can WORK whilst we wait for my approval!!) than it is for her to simply be allowed to live here with me.

To me that is what is wrong with this country, screw the hard working honest people, and take in so many people that are attempting a 'better life' in England, because they can send money back home where it's worth so much more.

I dislike lazy britains who sponge of the system, and I dislike those immigrants who purely come here to sponge. But at the same time, I look at the Polish (for example) and at least they get off there ass and work.

Matthew

Back
Top Bottom