Important spec me thread: what air freshener? :)

Soldato
What do people use?

I've never bothered with them in the past, I like the faint leathery smell of a car without additional fragrance. Covid has changed that and since WFH the interior now has a faint musty smell, it gets used once per week if that.

I don't want anything cluttering up the dash or rear view mirror so intend to hang one behind a seat, it's a 2 seater.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Update:

I took on board what Motors said and decided upon one of those "can" type air fresheners. I stuck a command hook on the underside of the passenger seat and hung the can freshener from the hook.

It's worked really well, the musty smell has gone. I don't think it made the car smell of ice, contrary to the flavour the freshener supposedly was, but it smelled pleasant.

It was just a cheapy Tesco can type freshener, obviously I didn't want to start spending serious money on an untested system (that would be crazy), but the system works well and I'm ready to commit to a better branded can type freshener.

Can I have some suggestions for brands and smells please?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
California Scents Xtreme Volcanic Cherry are my go to and they smell amazing. Obviously this is very much personal preference.

Thanks for the suggestion. The Xtreme scents get great reviews but I'm unable to find the volcanic cherry anywhere apart from Amazon (I don't use Amazon due to their confusing delivery charges). I might go for the "Fresh" Xtreme, please can you confirm if the lid vent is adjustable? My gf gets sick on long car journeys with a strong air freshener. Also do they have a little tab so they can be hung up? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom