In need of a new AV setup

tom

tom

Soldato
Hiya,

Our living room is in the process of being re-decorated, and the old TV/Hi-fi etc are going to go, about time too. :p

At the moment, we've got an old Mitsubishi 24" TV, and an Aiwa hi-fi. :p

So we're looking into upgrading the setup, to something more up-to-date and capable of what we (I :p) use it for.

It is mainly me that uses this, so i'm looking for a 28" widescreen (don't really have the space to go any bigger :(), and a decent component Hi-fi setup.

Now, ideally I would like the TV connected through the hi-fi so that when i'm playing on XBOX etc, the sounds comes through this. We have this set up at the moment.

I want the Hi-fi to be able be the best within the budget really, obviously good sound quality is a must, and must handle bass well.

I'm not really that up on what's good at the moment, hence i'm looking for some help regarding suggestions and recommendations.

The budget for the lot will be about £1000.

Thanks in advance for any help.

//Tom

tom

tom

Soldato
OP
Absolutely fantastic post- thank you very much. :)

That was very informative, and has definately set me on the right track.

Anybody got any ideas for which 28" widescreen TV to go for?

//Tom

tom

tom

Soldato
OP
Excellent!

Many thanks for those links- much appreciated. :D

Sub isn't really a necessity, so those speakers you recommended in your first post would be awesome i'm sure.

What are your opinions on Monster cables, as I can get these fairly cheap from work?

//Tom

tom

tom

Soldato
OP
Thanks very much for that adwhitworth, very helpful. Found the special offers and they're fantastic for the money, that looks as though what i'll go for TV-wise. :)

Also, thanks memphisto for the information on cables, I was about to mention bi-wiring but you covered it already. :p

//Tom

Back
Top Bottom