In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

Man of Honour
10 years is a long time. To some, a 10 year old car is 'past it'. I often see people on the forum refer to my 7 year old car as 'an old BMW' even though it doesn't look or feel it and most people IRL never think of it as such. It's funny how time marches on. Yet there exist many cars which, with a private plate and some Meguiars polish, could pass for a virtually brand new car with most members of the public.

In this thread, lets post pictures and respect these cars. Rules - car must be registered in 1999 or older. Car must be the sort which the man in the street wouldnt raise his eyebrow at if he saw it on, say, a 55 or a 56 plate. Lets try and avoid modified cars, although different wheels are fine.

1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

skylinemr9.jpg

1999 Honda S2000

s2000et2.jpg

1999 Porsche 911 GT3

911ui8.jpg

1999 Ferrari 360 Modena

360zg0.jpg

Which ones make you think 'Blimey, thats 10 years old?!'?

Last edited:
And a late entry...

1999 Mercedes Benz S500. Particularly like this one because with simple expenditure on new front and rear lights for facelift exampes it literally could be a 2006 car. Blimey.

s500oo6.jpg

Leon was launched in 2000, not 1999, and looks bland and dated. You sir, have failed the thread I am afraid :( Fiat Coupe is a bit 90's as well.

Have I reallly already found the only surefire candidates? Surely not?

Toledo was 1999 but the first Leon's were, UK at least, in late 2000. W plate is 2000 not 1999. TVR as well, completely wrong. Compare it to the Ferrari or the Skyline...

What about the TVR Tuscan though? Was that 99?

I think a lot of people are missing the point. It is not cars which stll look good but cars which dont look 10 years old. I mean come on, E38 7 Series? Subaru Legacy and a Mitsubshi Carisma based Evo? guys guys guys, no.

MK1.5 Focus is just over 7 not 10, the Celica is on a 56 plate ffs..

I disagree on the 996 too, it only looks fresh still in C4S form.

Man in street cannot tell difference between a C4S and a GT3. Therefore, GT3 = fresh. Infact man in street cannot tell difference between 996 and 997 so arguably it wins thread :p

Remember, this is cars that look good in isolation. All cars look old parked beside the replacement model but mostly you wont see them immediatly followed by a replacement, so in isolation it doesn't date them quite as quicky.

It's about 'Wow, I cant beleive thats 10 years old!'.

Last edited:
No idea, took it off PH. It's a GT-R so its hardly going to have immigrant space in the arches as standard. It's properly sorted from the factory.

Heck I dont even like them and I have to concede its an amazing example of 'Wow, thats... 10?!'

I think the RX7 might manage it, actually. Remember - the acid test is man in the street. Would man in the street even realise they are popup headlights? It certainly looks nothing like its 17 years thats for sure.

The previous XJ is definately a great shout. They dont look wownew but they dont look old either, they simply look like Jags. I reckon a 98 XJ could easily pass for a new one.

I'll ignore some of the utterly dire crud in this thread, I mean Rover 220? What?

Back
Top Bottom