*** in trouble no power to pc ***

Soldato
hi i'm on a laptop at the moment.
I came to switch on my computer and I heard a ping and no power, i continued to press it to see if anything would happen.
then i decided to take action, i found that the power cable doesn't work anymore, mayb fused so i've replaced that. is there any more fuses inside it? i'm really worried HELP ME PLEASE

thanks

Soldato
it's very unlikely that the power cable itself has stopped working. Swapping the cable over will likely make no difference.

fini

Soldato
collisster said:
hi i'm on a laptop at the moment.
I came to switch on my computer and I heard a ping and no power, i continued to press it to see if anything would happen.
then i decided to take action, i found that the power cable doesn't work anymore, mayb fused so i've replaced that. is there any more fuses inside it? i'm really worried HELP ME PLEASE

thanks

Is that the same computer you had trouble with yesterday?

Soldato
OP
yeah it is seems like a totally different problem though.
no power no mother board lights.

mayb the power cable fused as it doesn't work on anything else so i put a fresh one in and that hasn't fixed it.

thanks

Soldato
collisster said:
yeah it is seems like a totally different problem though.
no power no mother board lights.

mayb the power cable fused as it doesn't work on anything else so i put a fresh one in and that hasn't fixed it.

thanks

So, when you press the power button nothing happens at all? No fans spin etc?

You also say that the PSU power cable does not work on anything else and you changed the fuse in the plug?

Do you have a spare PSU to try?

Soldato
OP
I havent changed the fuse, i just got a new lead for it. i dont really have a spare psu as i'm not that good with pcs, is there any more fuses inside the case?
no fans no lights anything like that no power light on the back of the psu switch where there normally is, i've tried a different wall socet

i'm really worried :eek: :eek: :( :(

Soldato
I think you can take your PSU into overclockers and get them to see if its faulty for you - if thats where you bought it from.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure you can actually.

Soldato
OP
i'll take the whole thing is. this is really annoying. i think i saw a white flash tthough i'm not sure.
all i did was shut it down go to fezzi skiing on the dry slope and come back ping ***** up PC

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I dont know where the receipt for all the stuff is :(
there is no reason that it shouldn't be a good pc.
spec:
hiper PSU type R
geforce 6800 pci e
AMD 3700 939
ASUS A8N premium
1 gb ram

mayb i created a ton of static from dry slope skiing and i pressed the on button and it fried something edit: probably not lol

Soldato
OP
nope i've got everything but, i've read the manual and it mentions nothing about internal fuses or resets, it has a 3 year warranty though, and its got a 2005 sticker on it, what will OCs do becuase I cant find this receipt?

Soldato
As long as you have proof of purchase then you can take the whole thing into Overclockers and they will look at it assuming ALL of the parts were bought from them :)

Sounds like a dead PSU to be honest though. I fixed someone's PC the other week where the PSU had died for no apparant reason. Was fine when I put a new one in it though :)

Back
Top Bottom