Inateck USB card not seen in device manager

Associate
Possibly the wrong forum, but as I bought it for use with a rift I thought I'd post here. Mods please move if it should be elsewhere.

I bought a Inateck Superspeed 4 port USB 3.0 card. I'm trying to install it onto a Asus Z370-E but it doesn't show up in device manager.

If I try to install the drivers from the website it starts to install and then says 'fresco logic usb 3.0 not found'

It has power, and if you plug something in that needs a charge it will charge.

I've taken it out and reinstalled it several times, tried different ports, I've even bought a replacement card to see if that works but it doesn't.

The inateck support forum is dead. Any of you who've used this had a similar issue?

Associate
Have you tried setting the slot it's in to Gen 2 in your UEFI? In my system it won't work well unless I do that (but at least it detects the card). Also, if your UEFI has some kind of board explorer, does it see the card there?

Associate
OP
Well, found the PCIE setting. But it only seems to be one option for all PCIE slots. Can't amend it on a slot by slot basis.

Permabanned
Some boards have slots that will be disabled depending on other slot usage. What slots and for what cards are you using?

For example, my old z77x-D3H disables a few PCI x1 slots if I use a PCI x4 card.

Associate
OP
The only other card is the GFX card.

I’ll try taking that out and booting tonight when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

Associate
OP
OK so slight necro but I've sorted out the problem and thought I'd post what I did in case anyone has the same issue in future (although from a trawl of the internet this seems a fairly unique issue).

After a lot a digging through the BIOS (I'm not the most tech savvy so a lot of it was new to me) I came across a setting for 'USB 3.1 front and PCI EXI 1_2&4 Switch[USB3.1 front] [PCI-EX1_2&4]' this was set to 'USB front' - I've no idea if it made any difference but I set it to 'PCIe_1x_2&4' because it vaguely sounded like what I wanted it to do.

Initially that didn't seem to do anything but then I moved the inateck card to PCI slot 1. Following a reboot it appeared in device manager and I was able to install the Fresco drivers so everything was working. Problem was I thought that my motherboard PCI slot 4 was possibly broken.

I shut down again and installed a random wireless card into slot 4 to see if the system would see it in device manager. On a reboot it did. So I shut down again and moved the inateck card into slot 4.

Rebooted and it's working in slot 4. Plug in my sensors and Oculus. That says that the sensors are ok but that the USB hub requires a driver update. Get the latest driver from the website, attempt to install and........... it says 'fresco logic usb 3.0 not found.'

At this point things are making less and less sense. I look at device manager again, the inateck card has disappeared from device manager, however I notice that there is now an unknown device. This was not here before. I try to install the drivers by browsing to where I have downloaded them, but it doesn't see any valid drivers. As a last gasp attempt I select the option to let windows find the drivers. Which to my amazement it did. The card is now showing correctly in device manager and in Oculus it is showing the sensors without any notifications about the drivers needing updating.

Essentially this card has acted more randomly then any piece of kit I have ever installed, if anyone else has the same issue all I can recommend is to keep faffing and eventually it'll work.

Associate
Same motherboard and card and inatek card as you with exactly the same issue.

Card is in slot 4. I'd already tried the PCIe_1x_2&4 option but it stopped Windows from booting with it on.

Will try moving to slot 1. Running power to that one maybe an issue though so will see if the card gets recognised at least.

Associate
Some boards have slots that will be disabled depending on other slot usage. What slots and for what cards are you using?

For example, my old z77x-D3H disables a few PCI x1 slots if I use a PCI x4 card.

I've got the z77x-d3h board and although it showed up in device manager I too had to mess with the drivers to finally get it stable... Was doing my head in like the op said but luckily now seems all OK...

Back
Top Bottom