Increasing incompetence in humans

Soldato
Today I drove a four mile round trip. On the journey, three people stepped into the road without looking and three times I had to apply my brakes (driving within the speed limit), sound my horn and shout “Look before you look” at them.

Is it true that if I did knock one of these people, would I be the one who got charged? Even though I was in the right and the person doesn’t use their neck to turn their heads to see if it’s safe to cross?

Then get drivers pull out from junctions, driveways and car parks without looking.

Over to you

Soldato
OP
The other week, a customer handed me over a scratchcard to cash in. It was one that I recognised from a few years ago. As it’s that old, it will not pay out. I said it was issued in 2018 as says copyright © 2018 on the back and current ones have 2021 on them. The man claimed he bought it here last week! I do the weekly scratchcards audit and know what cards are recent.

Besides we can’t activate a closed scratchcard. Scratchcards close when last top prize has been claimed or with the Christmas themed ones, get closed a few days before Christmas. Then got 180 days to claim.

Really annoys me when customers “claim” that they have bought something from my work when we haven’t sold it for years or ever!

Soldato
OP
You seem to get annoyed with lots in life.

Ever thought about therapy?
I am on antidepressants. Most customers are lovely. But more and more are getting ruder, don’t thank us and making our jobs that more difficult. I’m looking at other work but most jobs are the other side of the county to me. With increasing fuel prices, I may have to change jobs and lose money.

Back
Top Bottom