Indie Game Prototype

Associate
I have been working on an idea for a game for awhile, and recently put together a rough prototype/test of how the game will work in terms of mechanics etc...

The prototype was created in Adobe Flash CS6 using Actionscript 3.0 and ported for the web for a user testing experience. The game is in early stages of development and will eventually be available to play via Android/PC.

Feel free to share your thoughts and criticism.

Thanks.

Play the prototype

Associate
OP
Haha thanks, it will be a challenging game.

And that I will do, the music has started to get on my wick, not the final music though just a royalty free piece.

If all works out, I will think about porting to IOS, but always preferred Android for developing games/apps.

Soldato

And that I will do, the music has started to get on my wick, not the final music though just a royalty free piece.

If all works out, I will think about porting to IOS, but always preferred Android for developing games/apps.

Sounds good, I'm not too clued up on game applications yet so not sure how hard it will be port.

I'll keep an eye on it, I'll have to dust off one of my androids :D.

Soldato
iOS is a different beast unless you use a game engine that supports iOS creation. You need a mac also to compile xCode.

Soldato
iOS is a different beast unless you use a game engine that supports iOS creation. You need a mac also to compile xCode.

I wasn't sure if there was a universal engine. I can happily rewrite android apps for native iOS but I thought a game would have a completely different (and presumably harder) way of doing it.

I can climb the first stair case....then keep falling to my eternal doom... :(

Yeah that's where I got to and couldn't go further. (The box with the arrows right?) maybe it wasn't my ineptitude :D.

Last edited:
Soldato

I couldn't get past the first jump, am I meant to? There is a difference between a challenging game being enjoyable and good and a challenging game being bad. You need to make sure that the controls are so robust that if the game is hard that it feels like you are at fault and not the controls. Think Super meat boy. At the moment that just feels like poor controls?

Back
Top Bottom