Infinity and the big bang

Sgarrista
Commissario
My theory follows that of cell division, that our universe came into existence in a similar way that cells split in 2, that was the "big bang". It also explains the multiverse theory :D

Soldato
those are some big questions.

the mass of the universe came from the energy of the big bang (hence all the research into exactly how that happened). of course the obvious next question is where did the energy come from.

there's also the issues of what's outside the universe (given we know it's finite), and how come it keeps expanding

i doubt any of these will be answered in any internet thread, let along on gd

Soldato
I take comfort in the fact that some genious who is yet to be born will figure the whole thing out.

Watch Morgan Freemans 'through the wormhole'

Theory: We live in one universe of many. The universe we are in, was created by the energy from another passing universe.

In sure there was a university who was able to map out of the universe. Their supercomputer came up with what looked like a football shape.

Associate
There are theory's that previous universes have left imprints on our current one in the CMB - although some have been disproved more could turn up.

Multiverses would be great if real, especially if you could travel to them - there might be one where Americans dont love there guns (remote i know!)

Soldato
It doesn't have a beginning or an end because time is not actually anything apart from something we have thought of. I was under the impression we as Humans invented time.

If that makes any sense whatsoever lol

Soldato
I know the difference with science versus religion. You, seem to have a problem understanding my post.
only because it's garbage. point me at the science book/site that support "every possibility weill be played out so i'll return as a spider or the POTUS" and i'll reconsider.

Soldato
It doesn't have a beginning or an end because time is not actually anything apart from something we have thought of. I was under the impression we as Humans invented time.

If that makes any sense whatsoever lol

time is a real thing, we just invented terminology to describe the dimension that is used to determine the change of state of the universe.

Associate
i wouldn't say so, it's effects are measurable. unless of course everything else is an illusion, but then i don't have enough tin foil to subscribe to that.

Nor me :)
All tin foil stuff as nobody really knows, just different groups of people trying to find out how we got here.
It's all very interesting just as long as you keep a open mind about it all.

Must not forget the Parallel universes.

Caporegime
I'll write up my theory later on when I am at a proper keyboard. But for now consider this...

Time exists as part of Spacetime. Before the big bang (assuming that theory is correct) time didn't exist. If the universe ends, either through a crunch or a freeze then tine will also probably end.

Without time there is no past and no future. So in the past we didn't exist in that future (because time didn't exist) and in the future we wouldn't have existed in the past (because time ceases to exist).

So we really don't exist right now.

But time is a human construct isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom