Insane dreams you've had lately?

Associate
Just remembered a crazy dream I had this week where I went for a job interview as a stock broker (I'm a software developer), anyway, I had to complete a pre-interview where I was left in a room with a bag of Lego and had to create a car without any instructions.

Although I completed the car, I was told afterwards that I did not perform the task fast enough. I was gutted and started to really beat myself up about how poorly I had performed with my lego skills. I'm a fully grown man, I have no idea where this dream came from or what it means.

So, what's your crazy dreams?

Caporegime
Spiders. Again. Last night they were furry orange/black tarantula-type things crawling all over the floor. They were so big they couldn't be squashed with a slipper. One even sprayed its hairs over me. I think I woke up at that point.

Soldato
i had a dream last night and all i can remember is i walked into an apartment with my mum and we noticed the door had been opened.

i told her to sit down whilst i took a quick look around. i checked the bathroom and noticed the shower curtain was bent. i walked out of the bathroom, looked down the hall and noticed the bedroom door a-jar.

i shouted you have five seconds to come out or i'm calling the police! i counted 5 4 3 2

and then my alarm went off on my phone at exactly when i was about to say 1.

that is true. happened this morning and i've been thinking about it on and off all day.

Soldato
Got a fish and was carrying it around town (the fish was a fair size, was being carried under my arm) it needed a toilet, so i held out my hands so it could **** in my hands.

Permabanned
No... that is not a crazy dream... that is a bog-standard boringly normal pathetic excuse for a dream :p (i tease).

My "crazy dreams" do not relate to this planet/reality what-so-ever.

They usually do not even translate into human language... they're usually a bucket-load of fun :D

Associate
Dreamt the back streets near where I live were completely made of baked beans. Then a huge metal monster with jaws the size of a football pitch gobbled them up, after which the streets turned into football stadiums.

Permabanned
Most of my recent vivid dreams revolved around floods (in areas with no rivers/sea) and me getting lost in areas I know very well.

It's very odd.

Associate
Ive been having weird dreams recently. Like one where I dreamed my sister had put pictures on fb like the ones of her 5 months old son but in these pictures it was her partner in them instead wearing baby clothes on the play mat etc. When I woke up I was very confused why I would dream this.
Then the next night from that I dreamed I was a chicken keeper...
Something very weird is happening in my brains during the nights...

Soldato
I pressed the eject button on my DVD drive only to find out it actually opened!

In reality, I've temporarily used my DVD drive's SATA cables to plug in an old hard drive for backing up.

Permabanned
I have a recurring one where I'm standing on a floating piece of rock, watching myself in the third person, with a large black dog by my side. The only colours are black, shades of gray and over a hill in the distance the skyline is red and orange (like when you can see the huge bush fires at night in Aus). As I'm standing on this piece of rock, I float further up this hill and the noise of the fire keeps getting louder until we reach the crest and stop. Down in the valley is some city and all the buildings are broken and collapsed and burning. The river that runs through the city is actually lava and what I thought was the sound of fire, is actually the screaming of people floating down the river, trying to keep their heads above the lava as all their skin melts off. I turn to look at the dog beside me and he looks at me and telepathically he says "it is done". Then I wake up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Insane? Not sure about insane... but was having a dream and talking to a well known actress, and in the dream I was still recovering from a cold. That just struck me as an odd detail....

Now, in previous year's..... I've woken up from a dream yelling/demanding "Do you want sausage on your muffin?!?!"

Soldato
Just got a smart tv so i often find myself falling asleep whilst thinking about my projects during pcper podcast or the wan show so i've had a few dreams where i've been working on something with those guys

There'll be like Allyn from pcper, Jay, and luke in the room and we're all doing something tech

asked linus for a code for something this morning

Man of Honour
Last nights was pretty odd.
Was a hobbit trying to find the secrets to brewing bear, dwarfs were financial backers. The brewing guru was a human who lived at the top of a many floored house, that had no stairs, and had to climb up a wooden, rotting and falling down shaft. All brewerys where like this, apparently altitude improved taste and no stairs to protect your methods from spys. And there was bugs bunny gang who were evil, and kept winning drinking competitions by downing steins whilst doing a 1 handed handstand. Evil bunnys, making the dwarfs lose at drinking competitions, they weren't happy. Which was giving me issues getting the money off them.

Odd thing haven't seen lotr/hobbit since boxing day, and haven't drunk since new year.

Soldato
Had a dream once that I stood on the base of a broken pint glass one night while I was in the pub, taking a huge chunk out of my shoe and worse, my foot. It was really graphic, with bone, tendons, blood vessels and chunks of ragged flesh showing, whilst I was leaving bloody footprints everywhere. Yet whenever I tried to get help, including at a hospital, nobody would believe me, despite the gore on display.

I shudder to think what psychological issues lie beneath that one! :eek:

Associate
The backstory (ie, the bits I can remember):

I was just sitting in some room with a PC in the corner. I got a phone call from someone informing me that "the hacker" had been traced and they told me the IP address. My reaction was to goto the PC, type said IP in and see what happens.

The weird part:

The screen went black and all kinds of things about me started scrolling up (like movie end credits). Started simple enough, like 'your name is Sari' etc but then there were so many facts, secrets, odd things and just general stuff that I haven't thought about for years and almost totally forgotten about all coming back to me in one go.

Just makes me wonder how the brain works to have a epiphany of what is essentially random crap in its sleep...

Back
Top Bottom