Inspiron 15R SE Review

Soldato
So weird, I was reading this review today and then my work colleague got a Dell delivery. It's lo and behold a 15R SE. So weird !

I am tempted to get one now from the Outlet or maybe a Ultrabook (if can get a 1080 screen)

Associate
well mine came tuesday gotta say for the coin im very impressed paid a tad over 400 from outlet

sorted the gfx switching problem out and discrete graphics run fine and kick in when they should

i got the full hd screen and agree it is a tad off with colour which im going to have to sort out

played battlefeild 3 in 720p at medium/high settings with fraps showing between 50 and 60 fps which was perfectley playable and it wasnt to hot either

have to go wok now but am off for the next 3 days when ill be testing it more and will report back here

Associate
well mine came tuesday gotta say for the coin im very impressed paid a tad over 400 from outlet

sorted the gfx switching problem out and discrete graphics run fine and kick in when they should

i got the full hd screen and agree it is a tad off with colour which im going to have to sort out

played battlefeild 3 in 720p at medium/high settings with fraps showing between 50 and 60 fps which was perfectley playable and it wasnt to hot either

have to go wok now but am off for the next 3 days when ill be testing it more and will report back here

What spec did you get? How long did it take to shop from the outlet?

Associate
What spec did you get? How long did it take to shop from the outlet?

took a week to get here got the following

15.6inch anti glare full hd screen
1 terrabyte sata 2 hard drive
8 gig dual channel ram
intel i5 dual core procceser 2.6 ghz
discrete amd 7730m graphics

got free delivery and 5 per cent off total was 409 pound all in

well chuffed

only downside is windows 8 sucks big time

Associate
took a week to get here got the following

15.6inch anti glare full hd screen
1 terrabyte sata 2 hard drive
8 gig dual channel ram
intel i5 dual core procceser 2.6 ghz
discrete amd 7730m graphics

got free delivery and 5 per cent off total was 409 pound all in

well chuffed

only downside is windows 8 sucks big time

Nice!

I got the a similar spec, only difference being a core i7 processor and a 8730M GFX - all in £470.

One more question if you dont mind...

Checked my order this morning and on the dell site its saying it was shipped 6/6/13... do you know how long it takes for delivery from when it was shipped?

The tracking link provided just shows an empy page

Associate
Nice!

I got the a similar spec, only difference being a core i7 processor and a 8730M GFX - all in £470.

One more question if you dont mind...

Checked my order this morning and on the dell site its saying it was shipped 6/6/13... do you know how long it takes for delivery from when it was shipped?

The tracking link provided just shows an empy page

yeah it will show empty intil about 2 days after then it will appear but on your order it will say delivery date ,mine came on the exact day you will get to track it with about 4 days to go first time will be western delivery something lol

i didnt go for the i7 quad core because after doing some reading it was said that the i5 was a perfect match for the gfx and dosent cause any bottlenecking

Back
Top Bottom