Instagram Reel gone viral!!

Associate
Hi all

Just curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen. My wife shared a reel of our son giving his uncle a box which when opened contained his hand flipping him the bird, funny but nothing special. This was shared on Sunday evening and we woke up on Monday morning to around 500k views.

48 hours later the reel has 26 million views and 1 million likes. It's almost increasing 1 million views per hour currently!

I'm not big on social media but find this quite amazing really.

Anyhow, thought id ask if this has happened to anyone else?

Cool story and all that.....

Caporegime
96753i80AF5A25E780C789

Man of Honour
I occasionally get a video or post which will for completely unknown reasons get 100s or 1000s of views but nothing gone viral like that.

What is weird is often the views are front loaded considerably - often first 7 hours or so low views then suddenly massive up tick in the next ~7 hours, then it stabilises and takes like a few weeks to double views.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool and all. Going viral would be my worst nightmare, so keep a low profile on the few social things I am on.

One question. Why do people put their kids on the internet?

Caporegime
Congratulations on this monumental achievement, make sure it goes on your CV when looking for jobs, your dating profile when looking for love, and your headstone when you die. Don't ever let this monumentous occasion be forgotten.

Diddums is just jealous, 1 million likes is an awesome result for an Instagram video OP.

I've gone viral a few times on Twitter (have a silly anon account that often **** posts) and it results in all sorts of random DMs from people and some quite surprising follows.

Anything jokey involving cats, dogs or kids on Instagram has the potential to do well, don't be surprised if a bunch of the engagement farming accounts that re-post stuff now steal the clip over the next few days/weeks.. if will probably keep on re-appearing sporadically.

Back
Top Bottom