• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

installed 1070gtx pc does not boot help!!!

Associate
I could do with some help please. I just put in a zotac amp extreme which I got from ocuk and my pc wont boot. The card lights up but I cant even get into bios. I put my old card in and boots fine. My mobo is asrock extreme 6.cpu is 2500k. My psu is hyper type m 880w. I am using the latest bios. Really could do with some help. Would it be the new card at fault. I cant really test it anywhere else.

Man of Honour
What display connection are you using and/or can you try a different one i.e. HDMI instead of DP, etc. there has been some controversy with 1070s with some not liking to boot on the DP ports and/or not liking to start up with a monitor that requires dual link bandwidth on DVI, etc.

Soldato
Which motherboard do you have exactly, Extreme 6 can be 3 different boards for a 2500K. Full model mate then can help better. Also what BIOS version are you on.

Soldato
I am using the dvi to the monitor. my motherboard is asrock p67 extreme 6 with p2.10 bios version

ok well that is not the latest BIOS for that board. There is a newer BETA BIOS
which you will find here:-

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67 Extreme6/index.asp?cat=Beta

Give that a try. Also have you made sure to clear your current BIOS and tryed the card again ? Always Clear the BIOS if you have such problems to rule out bad settings in the BIOS.

Associate
OP
ok so I have tried connected it through hdmi on my tv. Tried clearing bios. Updated to bios l2.19 still no good. Its just doing the same thing as above. Plugged old card in and works. Is there anything else I can try.

Associate
I had issues with an r390 not displaying. This was resolved by removing the gfx card, installing the drivers for the new card, before finally installing the new card.

No one i spoke to had thought that the r390 would not display out of the box. I too have a 2500k so it could be something to do with the age of these components.

Back
Top Bottom