Associate
Never done it before, any tips ?
Will be getting the RM750x

Seems fairly straightforward...
1x CPU 8Pin
1x PCIe - 8Pin
1x Motherboard - 24Pin
2x Satas for one HDD and one SSD

Is it best to fit the PSU first and then route and connect the cables ?

Associate
OP
Excellent. My case has a good back panel where the current PSU cables are routed and it's very tidy. Hopefully i'll make it clutter free. Seems as though routing the cables tidily is the most time consuming part.

Associate
OP
Thanks.
Two sides to each cable. For example, the side which says "CPU" in white goes into the CPU, and the other end into the PSU ?

Associate
OP
Yes... one goes into the motherboard and the other in one of the PSU connectors labelled as 6+2 PCIe & 4+4 CPU.

Ya but does it matter which side you plug in ? One side says CPU and the other says " Type 4 "

According to YouTube, the " Type 4 " side goes into the PSU

Only thing is, the PCIe and CPU both look similar on the PSU side, ( obviously different on the other side where they plug into the GPU and CPU power )
If I plug in one at a time should be ok

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Aparrently it doesn't matter where you put the 4+4 or 6+2 cable ( into the PSU ), providing it's an 8 pin socket

So bottom right, it doesnt matter which one has the CPU and which one has the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Checked the cabling out before installation. Some of the connectors are missing one pin on the side which plugs into the PSU, is this normal ?

Associate
OP
Ya it's the pcie one in the first pic...
The cpu one has no pins missing, the molex does have one missing and the SATA has two missing

Associate
OP
woohoo. installed it.
Thats the GPU, CPU, Heatsink, Ram and PSU i've installed myself so far. ( Was a custom built pc from another place )

One slight problem. I did connect the wrong end of the CPU cable into the mobo, and I only realised when I tried to fit the other side into the PSU and it didn't go. Luckily everything seems fine

I also didn't expect to have to use any molex cables. It threw me when I saw them, however i connected them all up fine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom