Insurance Madness

Soldato
So I am coming up for insurance renewal in a month and running quotes for my Lotus Eletre R I got back on July.

When I changed from my Tesla on my current policy for the last 2 months I actually got £25 back.

The only quotes I can get are £18k-£20k per year for me as named driver with my partner also on the car. And no mainstream insurers will even quote me.

My previous policies like for like were £1200 or so.

If I change one character on my surname but with everything else identical , it goes back down to around £1200?

I’ve checked my credit score and still perfect. No claims or anything etc.

what the hell is going on? Insurers just like it is what it is??

Only thing that has changed and maybe found in my name on the soft credit search they do is I took the car out on finance with minimum deposit as it was at 0% so £132k loan against the card. But it’s a fraction of my income still, I have more than enough liquid assets to pay it off but why would I?? (as this is the only thing I can think of)

Any ideas on how can resolve this as £18k+ is a joke.

So I am coming up for insurance renewal in a month and running quotes for my Lotus Eletre R I got back on July.

When I changed from my Tesla on my current policy for the last 2 months I actually got £25 back.

The only quotes I can get are £18k-£20k per year for me as named driver with my partner also on the car. And no mainstream insurers will even quote me.

My previous policies like for like were £1200 or so.

If I change one character on my surname but with everything else identical , it goes back down to around £1200?

I’ve checked my credit score and still perfect. No claims or anything etc.

what the hell is going on? Insurers just like it is what it is??

Only thing that has changed and maybe found in my name on the soft credit search they do is I took the car out on finance with minimum deposit as it was at 0% so £132k loan against the card. But it’s a fraction of my income still, I have more than enough liquid assets to pay it off but why would I?? (as this is the only thing I can think of)

Any ideas on how can resolve this as £18k+ is a joke.

call them, that rules out daftness on the online systems.

Hi there

Probably tried them but worth a shot:
ClassicLine
ManningUK
Pace Ward
Admiral
Heritage Insurance
Hagerty Insurance
Footman James Insurance
Lockton Performance
Chubb Insurance

Seems daft to quote that money for a 132k car.

Just insured my 600 LT Spider valued at 160k with Admiral and it was £760 on multicar, ClassicLine was £1400 but that did include track cover and European breakdown cover.

Hi there

Probably tried them but worth a shot:
ClassicLine
ManningUK
Pace Ward
Admiral
Heritage Insurance
Hagerty Insurance
Footman James Insurance
Lockton Performance
Chubb Insurance

Seems daft to quote that money for a 132k car.

Just insured my 600 LT Spider valued at 160k with Admiral and it was £760 on multicar, ClassicLine was £1400 but that did include track cover and European breakdown cover.
Will try these as well as I fight with admiral on why my name is causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom