Insurance

Associate
Hi All,

So I've given some major consideration to getting my full bike licence as i've been driving for 7 years now & 2 wheels appeals!

Worked out costs of a bike, servicing, safety equipment, alarm etc.. , not an issue on it's own. But the bike in question would be an R6 , am i ever going to get an insurance quote under £2k at 26 with no riding experience or am i going to have to settle for running a policy on something smaller/lower specced for a year or two?

Any advice welcome!

Rob

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I was 46 had past my DAS an hour & 5 minutes & they charged me 138 quid to insure a ZX7R. :p

Just over a year later I now pay 120'ish quid a year for my VFR750F. :cool:

Once you have your bike & your gear running a bike costs nowt compared to a car.

Associate
My insurance for a 2000 R6 at 19 with 2 years on a 125 was about £500, I see no reason why yours should be near £1k let alone £2k. The newer R6's are slightly more expensive than the older ones, but at 26 I'd have thought your insurance should be reasonable

In any case, why not just fetch a few quotes from gocompare places and co to get yourself an idea?

Associate
OP
Tried a comparison through the MCN site, that's where the shocking quote came from :(

Having tried a couple more, sounds like nobody is interested unless i have NCB or garage it...even restricting to Social use only and for 3000 miles...

Any companies people would recommend?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
North-West London :(

And there's the problem, by all means shop around, but your location is shafting you, my advice, as much as you want an R6, ignore it & buy some disposable nail, wrack up the NCB, and try again at a later date.

Or just plain accept the fact that due to age, lack of experience & above all location, your going to be bent over by the insurance companies for the foreseeable future. :(

Back
Top Bottom