Intel 975X Bad Axe - BIOS updates and OC BIOS?

OcUK Staff
:o Hi there

I aint played with mine for ages but am trying to help a friend.

He has rev305 of the board and is trying to overclock but he cannot find CPU multi-plier options or FSB STRAP options. How do you get these, is it via BIOS flash or special key stroke?

Not played on the one at work so have forgotten.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
:o Hi there

I aint played with mine for ages but am trying to help a friend.

He has rev305 of the board and is trying to overclock but he cannot find CPU multi-plier options or FSB STRAP options. How do you get these, is it via BIOS flash or special key stroke?

Not played on the one at work so have forgotten.

Hey m8,
You need to do the OC-Debug mod with some conductive paint this will enable some extra option like the strap.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99298

Drop me an email if you want any more info m8 its what I'm currently using.

OcUK Staff
OP
The Asgard said:
Hey m8,
You need to do the OC-Debug mod with some conductive paint this will enable some extra option like the strap.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99298

Drop me an email if you want any more info m8 its what I'm currently using.

HI there

When I tested a r304 board I simply just flashed it to a new BIOS and the extra overclocking options became available I did not have to do any of this conductive paint stuff. Though the board was a r304 and came from Intel as a free sample.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
HI there

When I tested a r304 board I simply just flashed it to a new BIOS and the extra overclocking options became available I did not have to do any of this conductive paint stuff. Though the board was a r304 and came from Intel as a free sample.

Not sure what options it unlocks and I never tried mine without doing the mod first. If your going to overclock its certainly worth doing because you do get extra options like the enhanced power slope which gives very little vdroop. If you get the standard stuff for repairing heated rear window elements from halfords you can just wipe it off with cellulose thinners if you ever need to put it back to default.

If you can tell me what options you have I can tell you what options you will get extra with the mod.

If you have the IDT clockgen you will only get 25% overburn. ICS will give you 50%. Use systools to go higher and once set the bios it will remember the settings.

There's some debate that suggests that 1333 strap only works with the ICS glockgen both my boards have the ICS chip so I can't shed any light on this.

It a cracking board and the best one I have played with so far.

Just give me a shout m8 if you need any more help/info :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Yes m8 the sample board from Intel has the power slope option and all I did was flash the BIOS.

What BIOS version are you using m8?

Yeah I agree the Bad Axe is an amazing board. From playing with the all the 975X boards the best ones seem to be the Abit AW9D-MAX, MSI 975X PowerUp Edition and the Bad Axe. Hopefully we have a Bad Axe 2 on the way to test out too. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Yes m8 the sample board from Intel has the power slope option and all I did was flash the BIOS.

What BIOS version are you using m8?

Yeah I agree the Bad Axe is an amazing board. From playing with the all the 975X boards the best ones seem to be the Abit AW9D-MAX, MSI 975X PowerUp Edition and the Bad Axe. Hopefully we have a Bad Axe 2 on the way to test out too. :)

The latest one on the Intel webiste m8. Just upgraded yesterday. Previously I used 1304 which is good. The latest seems rock solid.

Back
Top Bottom