• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc A770 GPU, any good now.

Soldato
Hi all

have the chance to pick up one of these cards cheap and was wondering if things had improved as i know the drivers were very poor at launch but not sure now.

Anybody got first hand experience or just in the know.

What games do you play? I've had a positive experience so far, but I've been avoiding playing anything older since buying.
If it was very cheap, then maybe worth it just to play around.

Also not your motherboard must have rebar enabled otherwise performance tanks.

It's around the 3060ti performance route, and from what a lot of people say the card is now relatively stable, I think the performance improvement are as far as they will get till the next gen now though, but stability improvements will be continuing.

This is a good link for comparisons

My one and many, many others have complained about the excessive coil whine. I got rid of mine like other purchasers too. Although, I am sure there are some good one's out there, just be mindful.

You might be interested in this video:

From a 1050, I'd probably just get a 6600 for £200, since it is a big upgrade and there's nothing to worry about with older games, idle power, etc, but there's no doubt the drivers are way better than @ launch.

Most modern games will fine on ARC with general performance around the RX6600-7600 / RTX3060/4060 level (gets better as the resolution increases*). Outliers exist of course but poor performance is generally in older titles.

As others have mentioned Re-bar is an absolute must. I can categorically confirm that without ReBar the A750 (and by proxy A770**) performs worse than bad. Its framerate is actually ok in raw terms but the stuttering...

*Performance in Hitman 3 (Dubai) for example goes from ~30% behind a 3060Ti @ 1080p to level pegging at 1440p.

**I own both a A750 LE and A770 BiFrost so coming it from a first hand experience. Testing out the A750 in a Win 11 VM (Server based around a Epyc CPU and SM MB thus no ReBar) its synthetic performance was right in line with it on my normal desktop but in game it is a stuttery mess. Switching this out for either my old Titan or current 4070 and the issues went away - thus not a VM specific issue - although that likely make the issue appear worse than if it was running "bare metal".

Depending on the price the 6600 (as @Tetras mentions) or the RX7600 with the Avatar key would also be great options.

Back
Top Bottom