• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

Soldato
OYoraCi.png

MgAp4XW.jpg

Cores: 8 'Lion Cove' Performance cores, 32 'Skymont' Efficient cores (40 core total)
Process: TSMC 3nm & Intel 20A
Socket: LGA 1851
IO: 16x PCI Express 5.0 for dGPU and 4x PCI Express 5.0 for NVMe from CPU

Starting up a dedicated thread for the next generation Intel CPU on desktop. Intel Core Ultra (Arrow Lake) will be replacing 14th gen Raptor Lake refresh and is due to launch in 2024. This will be Intel's first mainstream desktop CPU using chipsets and using TSMC's 3nm node.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you know if these are going be released in the first quarter of 2024 ?
As am hoping to upgrade my system very soon

Edit: I just noticed it said launch in 2025 :mad: :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Guess I'm OK jumping to AM5 right now with Ryzen 8000 launching in 2024... Intel slay AMD but 2025 is simply too long too wait. 2024 will be AMD's year.
Dont intel usually bring out a refresh (14th gen) then something new the year after.

2 years without something new will birt them if thats the case.

Soldato
OP
Edited to show 2024, though it's highly likely to be delayed, this is Intel after all :D

I also suspect 13th and 14th gen will be faster than Arrow Lake for gaming, as this is Intel's first attempt at chiplets after all. Arrow Lake will be hugely more efficient though.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a lot of E-cores.

I can't wait to run lots of tasks on them, all slower than the P-Cores.

I'm not sure it will be 32 E-cores - It's clearly a rumour.

The 14900K has half that amount.

I think the new platform will be good, and no doubt match or exceed AM5, in terms of features.

There's very likely to be broad support for USB4.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand the excitement for Lunar Lake (Arrow Lake's successor).

There's not much of a difference between 20a and 18a fabrication processes. Which is the same as saying '2nm' vs '1.8nm'.

A lot of the technological innovation is going into 20a...

Do we even know yet if Lunar Lake is definitely gonna be a desktop platform? Intel seems content to release new architectures focused on mobile (some of the time). AMD, not so much.

Last edited:
Soldato

Arrow Lake H to feature 6 P cores and 8 E cores, CPU tile will fabbed on Intel 20A 2nm class process
Arrow Lake mobile CPUs to feature Battlemage tGPU with 320EU or 2560 cores target RTX 3050M/4050M performance
Intel Battlemage tGPU tile will fabbed on TSMC 3nm or 4nm process

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wow a whole 20 lanes of PCI-e 5.0...

It's a bit lacklustre, considering AM5 has 24 gen5 lanes (from CPU, another 4 from chipset) and will have been available close to 2 years before Arrow Lake launches.

I'm expecting Arrow Lake to be hugely efficient in power consumption, a massive improvement over Raptor Lake. Though I think it will lose to Raptor Lake in games and lightly threaded apps, making it a sidegrade. Zen5 will probably be faster for gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Engineering samples already? Hmm!

Intel Arrow Lake CPUs Debut in Shipping Manifest With 6+8 Core Configuration

Extremetech said:
Intel is expected to follow up its Raptor Lake refresh chips with an all-new architecture named Arrow Lake in 2024. As always with Intel, you never know if it will successfully hit its launch targets. However, it seems the company is already shipping these next-gen processors, indicating it's pretty far along in its development cycle. Listings for Arrow Lake CPUs have appeared in shipping manifests for the first time, showing Intel has already begun sending them to partners for validation and testing.

The listings appear on an obscure website that seems to provide shipment tracking information and was unearthed by Twitter user @harukaze5719. This account usually posts upcoming hardware leaks, but anyone can go to the site and search for the CPUs to see the information, so this isn't an anonymous report like we're used to on Twitter. The listings read as "MICROPROCESSOR NEW ARROWLAKE H6C+8A+GT2," and it states the reason for the shipment is "R&D," which sounds right to us. The most interesting nugget of info is that it lists the core configuration as six performance and eight efficiency cores, along with GT2, the integrated GPU. The letter "H" in the name also indicates it's a mobile CPU.

Soldato
OP

Intel 15th Gen Arrow Lake CPUs Won’t Support Hyper-Threading or Rentable Units​

"Intel’s 15th Gen Arrow Lake processors will be the first in a very long time to lack hyper-threading (SMT). As previously discussed, they won’t feature Rentable Units either. The confirmation comes from @xinoassassin1 on X, who claims that Lion Cove will drop hyper-threading to prepare for the shift to Rentable Units. The 17th Gen Nove Lake processors will be the first to adopt the next-gen multi-threading technology."

Soldato

"Intel’s 15th Gen Arrow Lake processors will be the first in a very long time to lack hyper-threading (SMT). As previously discussed, they won’t feature Rentable Units either. The confirmation comes from @xinoassassin1 on X, who claims that Lion Cove will drop hyper-threading to prepare for the shift to Rentable Units. The 17th Gen Nove Lake processors will be the first to adopt the next-gen multi-threading technology."
Glad I googled 'Intel rentable unit' for a moment I thought Intel went full Packled and were going to introduce a subscription service to turn on certain CPU features.

Last edited:
Soldato

All they have to do next is remove e cores and they've gone and done a full AMD Ryzen with physical cores, no hyperthreading and a large cache :cry:.

Back
Top Bottom