• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Graphics Driver problem

Soldato
I have a Acer TravelMate B118-M which has an Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU with graphics. The graphics are UHD 605.

I find the latest driver from Intel's website for the UHD 605 and download the correct "Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows" and this installs without a problem. The intel Control Panel shows driver version 31.0.101.2130 which is the latest one.

Windows Update then comes along and downloads and installs version 27.20.100.8935 and the Intel Control Panels shows this version instead.

How do I stop Windows update from doing this? I am sure there is unlikely to be a practical difference between version 27 and 31 on a very low powered laptop like this but it's a habit to have hte latest one installed!

Back
Top Bottom