• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5 label on back of cpu?

Associate
Hi Guys!

Haven't built a PC in a long time but just purchased the i5 8600k! (oem) Yay!

But it appears to have a barcode sticker on the back of the actual CPU itself, annoyingly it's not an easy peel so it has obvioulsly got bits left on the CPU itself, is this an accidental sticker-ing? Or should i just remove it with the usual cpu thermal compound remover?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
hi Sorry! Not on the contacts on the face plate side where the cooler goes, it was an OEM.

Just want to make sure it's okay to pick it all off. (I assume so as it would just be like removing paste?)

Thanks

Associate
OP
A sticker has probably ended up in the box by accident. If the chip looks new and the glue cleans off then there really isn't an issue.

Some people freak out over things that I would personally just deal with and not bother creating such drama.

I didn't actually mean to create drama for this! I just asked a legitimate question i had! I've opened a support request just making sure i can send it back if i do clean it so will just wait for them to let me know it's safe for me to go ahead and try!

Thanks all for your input!

FYI, you should raise this in the customer service section if you want staff to review it.

I’m not sure if I could move it there as there are restrictions on that forum but let me know if you want and I’ll try.

Thank you! I'll see how the webticket turns out first!

Back
Top Bottom