• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Could someone running @ 4.7Ghz do a quick SuperPI 1M and 32M run please and post the times. I decided not to hold out for this, couldn't really justify the cost. Luckily the cheap 4670k I picked up clocks reasonably well.

Your running at 4.7 do the tests yourself.

You have haswell these are haswell, scores with the same OS and memory will be identical.

Soldato
You can shave so much time of Pi with good memory and timings. You just have to look at 8packs 4Ghz superpi competition, big difference between people using the same chips, same clocks just different OS and memory.

Soldato
Contemplating sending this un back, dont like to really tbh but it seems a bit hot. Even dropping vcore down at stock still results in 80c+.

Gutted.
Seems to be a lottery on silicon and a lottery on paste under the hood. Some seem to be cool running (like my 3770k) and some seem hot, likewise for clocking.

Caporegime
I score 872 @4.8ghz 3770k:eek:

stock 4790k eats my chip,my max temp was 65c on one core:D
That in cinebench? My 4770k scored 911 in it on the bench thread here at 4.5ghz iirc.

@rpg, 10 mins ono for real bench. About to try it now with the oc in place. 83000 something was my best on the 4770k, though i had cache clocked on that and ram at 2600mhz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom