• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel kills 10nm ?? oO

Permabanned
https://semiaccurate.com/2018/10/22/intel-kills-off-the-10nm-process/

I know its SA but Charlie been right on many occasions.

What Do You think guys??

a1af0811600e4993.jpg

This would be very interesting thing if true.

Permabanned
OP
I am pretty sure that the title of this thread is becoming more and more accurate as the days go by, with only two fabs committed to 10nm and yields probably as healthy looking as my bank balance when I was a student, 10nm looks like a tick box exercise to show that they didn't scrap it, and the move to 7nm for 2022 will be the big push. The fact they back-ported fabs to 14nm speaks volumes, and protecting income/revenue should be and is their number one priority to shareholders.

Loss of the 10nm process in all but a few select products is going to cost them a great deal in market share, and it could not have happened at a worse time, what with AMD now firmly on the rebound with EPYC and offering significant benefits on multiple fronts to Xeon, and it's only going to get better for AMD in the next two years.

Have any heads rolled at Intel yet, maybe? But there are a lot more to follow once the start missing quarterly profit targets and shipments start falling quarter after quarter.
Look at it this way. Next month we are BUYING 7nm (that i know is like equal to 10nm of intel) From AMD. BUYING !!! AMD is selling 7nm GPU's ect....
Not followed situation close but not seen any benchmarks of 10nm intel's parts not even ES ones when Lisa showed running Zen3 in CB months ago.

Permabanned
OP
heh ironic, given that Zen 4 (Ryzen 5000) comes with new sockets, DDR5, PCIe 5.0 and no CCXs just CCDs. (CCX abolished with Zen 3 next year).

Also already things moving fast. Look at WOT RT benchmarks. 3900X is faster than the 8700K & 9900K :D Using Intel Embree!!!!!
Or X4 Foundations, using 10 cores (not threads) with 2.6 and promised 16 cores with 3.0 :D
I hope DDR5 addds some nice boost to IF

Back
Top Bottom