• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel planning "Revolutionary" processor core.

Soldato
Source
With AMD proving to be apt competition of late, Intel has apparently begun amping its design chops for the future, though AMD is not necessarily the sole reason of course. In a new job posting, the company is looking for an engineer to join its Hillsboro, Oregon team, building what the company simply calls its "next-generation core", or NGC for short.

Intel plans for this team to help "build a revolutionary microprocessor core to power the next decade of computing and create experiences we have yet to dream up", which sounds great to us. At the moment, the desktop / notebook processor landscape is interesting again, after a long drought of lopsided dominance by Intel. To realize that Intel planning for some revolutionary design is great to see, and likewise, it's good to know that AMD has its Zen 2 and future parts already well in the development stages. The next few years should prove very interesting on the microprocessor front.

Read more at https://hothardware.com/news/intel-...ionary-new-processor-core#wvv5HpsHqeBAAko4.99

This info is some days old and only a couple of sites are making mention of it so far, looks like it's a bit of a way off, so nothing much to talk about just yet i guess.

To quote motley fool
Intel's tired Core processor architecture should be put out to pasture within the next four to five years

Soldato
OP
The double slit experiment is quite freaky enough without involving computers, you had to remind me of that :p

I wonder when we'll start hearing more about the true next gen stuff, when i look for Intel CPU roadmaps they never show dates that far ahead. Maybe they're already planning all the new sockets needed for each new CPU ;)

Soldato
OP
Bit of info i thought I'd mention.

RAM prices to be quite low in 2019? Read this elsewhere a little while back.

DDR5 in 2019/2020

And PCIE 4.0 not far off i guess. Some juicy CPU news would be nice, but it seems all the new stuff will arrive before that.

At least we have Ice Lake & Zen+/Zen 2 to look forward to in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom