• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Quietly Raises Prices for 12th-Gen Alder Lake CPUs...

Caporegime
...Now Cost More Than 13th-Gen

Intel are selling more 12'th gen than 13'th, as are AMD Zen 3 vs Zen 4, because they are too expensive, Intel's solution is to raise the price of 12'th gen.

To be fair to Intel they have said pricing would have to go up, they said this after losing $500 Million in Q2 2022, i have made a comment about this before but didn't think they would push the pricing of older CPU's up, my guess is 13'th gen will still get a price hike, after 12'th gen is made to look less attractive.

Intel have done well to come back at AMD, but its by brute force and its costing them too much. Intel are in a very different place now from where they were a few years ago, they can no longer afford to burn money to try to force someone out of a market segment, which isn't working anymore anyway. Oh dear....

So which is it? One guy saying they still make 12th gen other guy saying they dont?

Intel publish a thing when they discontinue anything. If you go to Intel ark, find an old CPU, ordering & compliance and the latest PCN, one of them will be a discontinuation and they say the last date you can order one. 12th gen CPUs have not been discontinued yet.

Intel publish a thing when they discontinue anything. If you go to Intel ark, find an old CPU, ordering & compliance and the latest PCN, one of them will be a discontinuation and they say the last date you can order one. 12th gen CPUs have not been discontinued yet.

Stole the words from me as I was about to type them.

Here's a snapshot of the recent 10900K PCN for discontinuation.

"Change Notification #: 119273-00
Change Title: Select 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9, i7, i5 and Intel® Xeon® W Tray and Boxed Processors,
PCN 119273-00, Product Discontinuance, End of life Date of Publication: October 03, 2022
Key Characteristics of the Change:
Product Discontinuance

Milestone Description Tray Boxed Product Discontinuance Program Support Begins October 03, 2022 October 03, 2022 Product Discontinuance Demand To Local Intel Representative January 06, 2023 N/A Last Corporate Assurance Product Critical Date April 14, 2023 N/A Last Product Discontinuance Order Date April 28, 2023 April 28, 2023 Orders are Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable After April 28, 2023 April 28, 2023 Last Product Discontinuance Shipment Date October 27, 2023 October 27, 2023."

So the 10900K is going EOL and critical date is 14/4/23, with shipments as late as October '23.

You can tell a lot of people have no idea about life cycles of products outside their bedroom/house.

Last edited:
The prices of Alderlake went up before mid to late last year before Raptorlake released and correct if I'm wrong but Alderlake will be around for a long time as anything 13th gen below a 13600K is just Alderlake rebadged.

Intel are still producing Alderlake cores because some of the 13th gen will still be using Alderlake. When they first announced Raptorlake they showed the entire 13th gen lineup and the 13400 and 13100 were going to have Alderlake cores and not Raptorlake. These products are not released yet so lets check to see if they are Gracemont or Raptor cove performance cores.

Never pay attention to what Intel actually call a product and check what the hell it actually is. AMD also do this with the 5500 not being a Zen 3 cpu as one example.

Intels woes can be traced back to the dunce head CEO who came in circa 2010 and cut the RnD budget to the bone and also reduced new fab production in order to artifically boost profits and share price so that he got massive bonuses. He ran for the hills before the morons who thought it was super cool to have high share price and profits realised that TSMC and to a lesser extent Samsung, were kicking their booty and the good old days were over. I call him a bonehead but he maximised his own monetary gain whilst not caring about the long term future of Intel and more fool the shareholders who let him do it.

I have no sympathy for Intel not making profits , it is all their own fault.

Another price increase then because prices already went up around summer last year. I paid £214 plus I got £20 cashback for my i5 12600 back in March last year. A couple of months later it was £239.99 and the cashback offer had finished. It's now a ridiculous £259.99 making it a pointless purchase when you can have a 12600K for just £19 extra. PC gaming is getting to be a stupidly expensive hobby!!

Back
Top Bottom